Member Forums > Modifications & Equipment

Nasa BM2 Battery monitors

(1/3) > >>

nornie lees:
Hi All, does anybody have one these instruments fitted, and do they work that well? Only im thinking of some sort battery monitor and would like the forums advice.

many thanks Ray

landes_h:
Hi. I don't have the NASA BM2 installed (yet) but read a test about a number of those battery monitors (in German). The NASA was among the good ones, especially the low power consumption was good. Accuracy was also good.
I have some other projects going on but once I have solar panels installed I will also install the BM2.
It definitely comes at a attractive price.

Stuart:
Hi Ray

I don't have any experience with the Nasa but just installed a Victron battery monitor. It was fairly easy to install, it came with all the wires and shunt you need, and set up was fairly straight forward.
I hope this helps.

Ziffius:
NASA specifies lead acid batteries, victron doesn't mention battery type other than voltage etc. I was thinking of a nasa monitor myself but if I upgrade to gel batteries will it still work?

battuta:
I just finished installing a Victron BMV700 on our 2009 Bavaria 31. Had to mail order purchase it from the UK (these new models are not slated to be in North America for another month or so). I did this in conjunction with a battery bank upgrade (four 6v deep cycle flooded lead acid Trojans for a total of 12v and 480Ah).

Can't say enough about how great the Victron is. Easy install, great interface (new for the 700 series), and nice looks. I'm pretty sure it's ok for AGM or gel batteries too, but not positive so best to check with them. The manual even mentions how to configure it for Li batteries (not sure when any of us will afford those).

You'd be happy with the Victron if it works on your system.

Riyad
s/v Battuta
Vancouver, Canada

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version