Member Forums > Modifications & Equipment

Nasa BM2 Battery monitors

<< < (2/3) > >>

landes_h:
I may be totally wrong, but a battery monitor counts the Amps going into a battery and the Amps taken out of it. This happens regardsless of the battery type. It somehow is like filling a bucket with liquid, when its full its full. Whether its full of water or beer doesn't matter. You can only take out what is put in before. Same with respect to the battery type. When your battery is fully charged you set the Monitor to 100 %, now the Monitor has  a reference point and counts down or up, depending on the current direction.
Basically its a two way Amp meter with a computer which calculates current flow over time and direction.
I am not affiliated with Nasa, just explaining the principle of the equipment.!
At www.nasamarine.com you can download manual and installation instructions.

CRYSTAL:
Exactly right. Victron is simple to install and no need to worry about batt type. It's excellent and if you got alarm inputs, BMV has relay with normally open relay. perfect to program alarm for either low voltage / amps!!! I'd say this is the best Plug'n Play boat device ever seen.

nornie lees:
Hi All, NASA BM2 arrived today in post, ordered from Amazon Thursday afternoon. Will be fitting it next week, and will keep you informed about installation difficulties if any. By the way only £104.69 including postage.

rgds Ray

Ziffius:
My wife refuses  :( to let me drill into any wood panels. Would be interested to know if there is a way to surface mount it without cutting a great big hold in a panel. The only other flat surface is occupied by a centrally located navtex - the composite corner dashboard.

Symphony:

--- Quote from: Jagtor on March 15 2014, 14:58 ---My wife refuses  :( to let me drill into any wood panels. Would be interested to know if there is a way to surface mount it without cutting a great big hold in a panel. The only other flat surface is occupied by a centrally located navtex - the composite corner dashboard.

--- End quote ---

I have a BM1 with the half size display unit which is surface mount.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version