Author Topic: Replacement CE Sticker  (Read 4171 times)

simonmoore

• Swab
Replacement CE Sticker
« on: February 07 2015, 11:36 »
My CE sticker has faded and I would like to source another.  Has anyone else done this and if so where did they get the new one from?
Thanks

Moodymike

• Old Salt
Re: Replacement CE Sticker
« Reply #1 on: February 07 2015, 13:14 »
Not sure what a Ce sticker is, I know there is a number stamped in the hull.

Symphony

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 33
  • Boat Year: 2015
« Reply #2 on: February 18 2015, 17:16 »
Can't see any reason to replace it. Juat take it off and throw it away. It is only there as a legal requirement at the point at which the product enters the market - that is when the dealer sells the boat new. The "real" CE evidence is the Declaration of Conformity which is bound into the boat's handbook.

in practice, omce the boat is in use most that labelling becomes irrelevant as the first time you add or change anything significant on the boat it potentially no longer complies with the standard, even if the bits you have are individually certified. There is no legal obligation to keep a boat in the same state as the oroginal, nor does it have to be recertified following the changes.

dawntreader

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria37
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #3 on: February 18 2015, 19:30 »
I agree with the comments above. However, in answer to the original question, this is a 'manufacturer's mark' and suspect that this would therefore only be available from either Bavaria or their appointed agents. Try the Bavaria website in the first instance.

Anthony

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40
  • Boat Year: 2001
« Reply #4 on: February 26 2015, 10:26 »
The CE 'sticker' is found in the owner's boat handbook. The easiest solution would be to photocopy a few of these and then laminate them. You can then replace at regular intervals as the sun's impact deteriorates them.
As previously stated by others, it's not much of an issue unless you have overloaded max pax.

Symphony

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 33
  • Boat Year: 2015
« Reply #5 on: February 26 2015, 17:03 »
The CE 'sticker' is found in the owner's boat handbook. The easiest solution would be to photocopy a few of these and then laminate them. You can then replace at regular intervals as the sun's impact deteriorates them.
As previously stated by others, it's not much of an issue unless you have overloaded max pax.

Not sure even then it makes any difference. There is no legislation (at least in UK) about how you use a private boat. Different if it was a commercial boat, but then the maximum pax would be determined by the code not by the CE mark.