Author Topic: Bavaria 42 -2000/2001 cabinet latches or pushbutton closures  (Read 2604 times)

Deke27

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria
  • Boat Year: 2001
Elsewhere discussion happened on push pull buttons and apparently resolved, but in fact perhaps not. The exact dimensions of the Bavaria latches are not copied by other manufacturers. Need exact copy or from supplier who seems to be nameless!
I would love to post a photo of the two latches side by side, one off the Bavaria and one purchased as per online advisories...not the same!  The catch that goes into the striker plate is set back too far on the new purchase, necessitating drilling new offset holes...just a bridge too far. So all those who have tried to replace their Bavaria cabinets net latches, chromed push button to close/open type, please help!!!!  Why is Bavaria the manufacturer so impossible to find by the way.? The forum is valuable but having g the maker tell you who made the part may be more direct.

Thanks all.

Stuart

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria Cruiser 42
  • Boat Year: 2005
Re: Bavaria 42 -2000/2001 cabinet latches or pushbutton closures
« Reply #1 on: February 02 2015, 16:59 »
Hi Deke27

I don't have a link for the latches but I got mine and they seem to be an exact match at "Lee Valley Tools" a North American hardware retailer.
If you google the name it will take you to their on line catalogue hope this helps.
Cheers

Stuart

tiger79

• Old Salt
  • 2014 Cruiser 37
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 37
  • Boat Year: 2014
Re: Bavaria 42 -2000/2001 cabinet latches or pushbutton closures
« Reply #2 on: February 02 2015, 22:33 »
The latches on my Cruiser 37 aren't branded, but look very much like Roca catches.  These look similar, but aren't branded - http://www.rainbow-conversions.co.uk/handles-knobs-catches/mini-nickel-push-button-door-catch-623-p.html