Author Topic: Vision 42  (Read 3100 times)

stevem

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria Vision 42
  • Boat Year: 2015
Vision 42
« on: January 11 2015, 00:32 »
Anyone got a Vision 42
? Have been looking  at them, they look  very nice. Am especially interested if anyone has experience of the Shallow keel version.
Have not seen any discussion  on this sight.

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
Re: Vision 42
« Reply #1 on: January 12 2015, 16:04 »
Looked at one at the boat show yesterday, and very nice it looked too. Great to see they have gone away from that awful very light wood inside of a packing case finish, to a deeper mahogany colour. It's not as dark as the boats from the early 2000s, but with the extra daylight from all the ports and windows the woodwork is very pleasing to the eye. The one on show was a very spacious boat having two sleeping cabins plus the main saloon and a large storage space that's accessible internally and from the cockpit, and several other storage lockers. Lots of other nice features where sheets and control lines are all taken under cover right back to the twin helming positions. Another nice feature is that they have gone back to having the more pleasing conventional boat shaped lines instead of those very deep flat sides which I think came from some car manufacturers design board. Definitely better than those French pretenders too !!

Stuart

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria Cruiser 42
  • Boat Year: 2005
« Reply #2 on: January 12 2015, 20:00 »
Hi Stevem

We helped a friend move his new Vision 42 to Key West Fl (1,200 miles ) in 2 weeks some offshore some inside ICW.
Had to motor most of the time  :(.
The boat was great handled some of the rougher weather well, quiet when the engine was running,overhead handholds are for the taller group down below, fit and finish was very nice.Ice box is large good access. Great head and shower stall, Storage area accessed through the head and the cockpit locker was awesome.It had the smaller engine 40 HP I think but had no problems in a headwind or current and we calculated about 3/4 gallon at 6.5 kts.
We sailed the boat before on the Chesapeake and it was well balanced and fun to sail.
Just some observations hope that helps
Cheers

Stuart

Pat

• Swab
  • Boat Model: 42 Vision
  • Boat Year: 2013
« Reply #3 on: January 15 2015, 01:58 »
Yes, I've had a Vision 42 on the East Coast of Australia for the last 12 months. Generally very happy with it. Handles rough weather well, and is comfortable to sail.
I've a bow thruster but still get blown about a lot when berthing the boat, it has fairly high sides and catches any cross breeze.

Pat
Osprey