Author Topic: Inner Forestay  (Read 3825 times)

cmcintyre

• Swab
  • Boat Model: bavaria 46 cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2007
Inner Forestay
« on: July 15 2014, 12:22 »
Hello,

I have a 2007 Bavaria 46 Cruiser and want to install an inner fore stay (and runners), I have heard that there is a baking plate and is already installed in the deck however have not seen one. Would anyone have done this and maybe even have some pics of where/what the forestay attaches too.

Rgds
Craig

Nigel

• R.I.P.
  • Old Salt
    • Dolcetto - My Boat
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 47
  • Boat Year: 2000
Re: Inner Forestay
« Reply #1 on: July 19 2014, 07:09 »
On my B47 (2000) there is an angle bracket that is attached to the bulkhead between the forward cabins, which is a pity as I'd like to remove it.

As an aside, the cover for this plate is very bulky and prevents the starboard door from opening fully, I've made a new cover which doesn't.
Nigel Mercier: Forum Administrator

cmcintyre

• Swab
« Reply #2 on: July 20 2014, 11:23 »
Hi Nigel,

Thankyou for your response.

Just to clarify, do you have two forward berths (side by side) as for it to be located where my door is on the master forward berth, it would be more a 'baby stay' format over what I assumed an inner forestay.

Regards
Craig

Nigel

• R.I.P.
  • Old Salt
    • Dolcetto - My Boat
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 47
  • Boat Year: 2000
« Reply #3 on: July 27 2014, 07:28 »
Yes, two forward berths side by side.
Nigel Mercier: Forum Administrator

pebbles

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 46 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2005
« Reply #4 on: July 30 2014, 23:45 »
Hi Craig
I would be very interested in your findings as I'm going to add an inner for stay later in the year as well.
I do know of another Bav46 that recently added one, they attached to the bulkhead between the forward cabin and the foredeck locker. They added there own reinforcing plates though.
I will be looking at their installation sometime in the future.
Dean

cmcintyre

• Swab
« Reply #5 on: August 08 2014, 12:33 »
No problems. I am still looking into at the moment. The latest recommendation is from a boat builder who suggest that the there is a slot for just behind the anchor well however his recommendation is to extend a 'strop' down to the bottom of the anchor well to take some load of the deck joins.