Author Topic: B36C Wheel, helm and cockpit table cover  (Read 3032 times)

Ripster

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: 36 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2011
B36C Wheel, helm and cockpit table cover
« on: December 30 2013, 20:16 »
I want to get a canvas made to cover the wheel, helm and cockpit table.  Boat is B36C 2011.    C&J have done my other covers, but can be a bit pricey, so thought I would look around.

Anyone had one done recently, if so how much are they?  Any recommendations in the Solent area?

Odysseus

• Old Salt
  • Bill and Linda
    • www.scanmar-odysseus.co.uk
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38
  • Boat Year: 2006
Re: B36C Wheel, helm and cockpit table cover
« Reply #1 on: December 31 2013, 10:15 »
They are not difficult to make you only need an domestic sewing maching and you can buy all the materials from Kayo Spruce in Segensworth near Fareham.
Po15 5sr
01489 581696

I purchased an industrial sewing machine for £150 years ago and it has more than paid for itself, the sewing is not the issue its getting the pattern correct, make it up out of brown paper first. Look on Utube ( sailrite  )for sewing instructions they are very good.

However if you phone Wayne Strickland direct at CJ I am sure you could get a deal on your requirements.
 Wayne@cjmarine.co.uk

Well worth investing in a sewing machine

Any other info just ask.

Odysseus
Odysseus

Ripster

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: 36 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2011
Re: B36C Wheel, helm and cockpit table cover
« Reply #2 on: January 05 2014, 12:15 »
Thanks for that.  Kayospruce look like a very useful resource.  I already know C@J, they have made a few things for me in the past, always good quality kit, if a bit pricey.  I'll see what they quote for this and then decide whether to tackle it myself or not.