Author Topic: New Jabsco lite electric toilet  (Read 5155 times)

tony from dorset

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: bavaria 36 cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2004
New Jabsco lite electric toilet
« on: November 10 2013, 18:14 »
i am thinking of fitting the new Jabsco lite electric toilet in my 2004 bav 36 cruiser as a repalcement for the manual Jabsco, has anyone fitted this model  if so how did you run the cold feed electrics etc was it a straightforward job.

Tony

Sweet As

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2004
Re: New Jabsco lite electric toilet
« Reply #1 on: November 11 2013, 01:28 »
I made this conversion on our 2004 Bav36 sometime ago and have never looked back. So much easier for guests and we no longer have "blockages" in the holding tank gravity discharge as the electric toilet also macerates.

After considerable research I settled on the Raritan Sea Era conversion kit with remotely located sea water pump. I found it had the best orientation of inlets, outlets and motor to give the neatest fit in the available space. The pump fits well under the sink. Happy to post a pic if it would help.

http://www.raritaneng.com/products/toilets/electric/sea_era_conversion_kit.html

I removed the fold down fibreglass cover that was over the old manual loo. The electric model sits too high for it to lay down flat.
Sweet As
Bav 36

landes_h

• Able Seaman
  • Blue sky sailor
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38
  • Boat Year: 2003
« Reply #2 on: November 11 2013, 14:08 »
I had the standard Jabsco toilet with hand pump on my Bav. 38 (2003). I replaced all of it with a complete new toilet with the big bowl and in addition bought the electric conversion kit. Conversion is for dummies because everything fits to the place where the hand pump was. Hoses run the same way, electricity I branched off the shower sump pump, thus did not need additional cable run from the switch panel.
Besides the pretty high noise level it is a pleasure to use it, for small and big business. It just works. The noise is not that bad because usage is only for a few seconds. No regrets so far (after one season).
Greetings
Horst
Bavaria 38 / 2003 berth Portoroz, Slowenia

Nigel

• R.I.P.
  • Old Salt
    • Dolcetto - My Boat
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 47
  • Boat Year: 2000
« Reply #3 on: November 15 2013, 08:07 »
... electric conversion kit... electricity I branched off the shower sump pump ...
Were the existing wires of sufficient size?
Nigel Mercier: Forum Administrator

landes_h

• Able Seaman
  • Blue sky sailor
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38
  • Boat Year: 2003
« Reply #4 on: November 18 2013, 13:08 »
Sure. No problem because the shower sump pump draws about the same, so the right size wiring is already in the bath room. And consider the very short running time, there is no time to torch your bath room (unless you create a lot of crap  ;D).
I had to extend the Jabsco wires a bit to reach to under the sink where the wires come together. It really is no problem. All was soldered together and is good for (almost) ever. I am an electronic engineer and like to solder rather than crimp or clamp.  :kewl
The good thing of the measure is that in storage is a brand new handpump in case of a failure of the electric pump. That gives me some confidence, unless I don't find it when in desperate need  :(
Greetings
Horst
Bavaria 38 / 2003 berth Portoroz, Slowenia