Author Topic: Gwind 2 Nexus  (Read 1383 times)

Oldsailor64

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 36/2
  • Boat Year: 2013
Gwind 2 Nexus
« on: June 21 2023, 15:12 »
Hi all,
I have replaced a damaged GWC10 aneometer with an GWind 2 Nexus, now Garmin.
Normale I should replace the nmea 2k Kabel inside the Mast but I have Made 2 adapter so I can User the old nmea2k Kabel. Installed the gmd10 to transmit the data from seriell to nmea2k.
After that it works well for 5 days but now no Information in GMI 10. And no idea what Happens.
I have removed the restistor ( Terminator) as described in the Installation Manuel.
Anyone here with similar experiences and a solution?
Thanks in advance
Paul

David Gray

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2003
Re: Gwind 2 Nexus
« Reply #1 on: September 29 2023, 14:58 »
Hi , I had the same original  sensor GWS10 , which is no longer  available from Garmin had the replacement  is the Garmin Gwind kit which I fitted, the kit came with a new 30m cable to run down the mast which was made off with the correct plug to plug into the new sensor, the trailing end you have to cut to length  to make off at the new interface conversion box GND10 which must be used, the kit also comes with a NEMA2000 cable that would connect into the network back bone from the GND10 box but I cut and made off the trailing end of this cable and joined onto the existing mast cable which I cut to length  and fitted all neatly in the void space at the bottom of the mast above the headlining and nothing can be seen, when I powered up my instruments Garmin GMI 20 it immediately  recognized  the Gwind with various calibration set ups which I just left as factory default and all works perfectly, the existing NEMA2000 mast drop cable from memory is 5 core and the new Gwind is 4 core , the GND10 interface box conbverts this 4 core signal to talk to the NEMA2000 network, regards David