Author Topic: Water in the hold  (Read 1264 times)

Bavaria 390

• Cadet
Water in the hold
« on: July 22 2022, 11:45 »
Hello to the community! I need the hull drawings bavaria 390 lagoon.
The fact is that water comes under the hold. If the yacht is anchored, even with a strong wave, there is no water. Water comes only on the move from the holes indicated by the arrows. Maybe there are some assumptions?

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
Re: Water in the hold
« Reply #1 on: July 22 2022, 12:46 »
Those are limber holes that go through the stringers. Means water is coming from somewhere else. Check your engine, impeller pumps often leak and taste if the water is fresh or salty. Otherwise open the floor boards on the other side and look where the water is coming from.

It is also sometimes the case that water has been in the hollow stringers for a long time and only comes out when the boat gets moving.
Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)

Bavaria 390

• Cadet
« Reply #2 on: July 22 2022, 13:53 »
Thanks for the feedback. All the old water has been removed, it's dry there while the boat is anchored. Water appears only on the move. The engine compartment is dry. It's also dry around the Kingstons.

tiger79

• Old Salt
  • 2014 Cruiser 37
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 37
  • Boat Year: 2014
« Reply #3 on: July 22 2022, 17:13 »
Ymgmar's already suggested this, but you really need to find out whether it's fresh or salt water.

Bavaria 390

• Cadet
« Reply #4 on: July 23 2022, 12:51 »
Hi! The water is salty. From now on, the well is dry, if I go out on a big wave, water will appear. That's why I want to find the drawings of the hull, so that I can understand where the water can come from.

symphony2

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: B33
  • Boat Year: 2015
« Reply #5 on: July 23 2022, 16:10 »
That won't help you - doubt any drawings exist anyway. the most common sources of salt water are leaking from the seawater pump on the engine or from the muffler where the aft end plate corrodes. Water only comes in when the engine is running. So first check these sources. If it is salt water coming in from the outside and not the engine then the common places are through deck fittings and stanchion bases, the toe rail that covers the hull to deck joint or around the anchor locker. Such leaks are not easy to trace as they appear often a long way from the actual source. The water creeps down the inside of the hull behind the furniture and collects within the grid. then when the boat moves it runs out into the bilge area eventually getting to the sump where the pump is located.

andersson

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 37 crusier
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #6 on: July 27 2022, 20:43 »
Hi
I had problems with water getting in during sailing only. The water came in via the water discharge for the bilge pump in the stern. I solved the problem with a gooseneck on the hose from the bilge pump