Author Topic: 2000 Bavaria 34 Rainwater in the saloon bilge  (Read 1067 times)

LinTeal

• Second Mate
2000 Bavaria 34 Rainwater in the saloon bilge
« on: March 05 2022, 15:40 »
I am on the hard and noticed a lot of rainwater in the saloon bilge.I had thought it might be from the mushroom vent but maybe not. I am not sure how the boat is constructed and such can anyone please confirm that if water was to leak in from say the toenail or a deck fitting how it would end up in the bilge.ie would water come in via an inner skin and then via the saloon cross members/ bulwarks into the bilge.There is no sign of any water in the toe rail area .
Ps the water is not from the freshwater tank.

symphony2

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: B33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: 2000 Bavaria 34 Rainwater in the saloon bilge
« Reply #1 on: March 05 2022, 19:12 »
Yes, any water that enters the boat works its way down to the lowest point in the bilge where the pump is through the limber holes in the grid. A common source is around the transom such as the shower and the cover over the head of the rudder stock where the emergency tiller attaches. Stanchions and cleats are other potential sources. Such leaks can be infuriating to trace. First thing is to mop up the water you have in there and try to identify the general area of the boat the water is coming from. sometimes the water can be tthere for some time but stays in the hollow crossmembers when the boat is floating and drains when the boat is propped at a slight angle.