Author Topic: Docking plan for B36 2004  (Read 2625 times)

RYAYMOI

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2004
Docking plan for B36 2004
« on: November 24 2021, 16:51 »
Hello!

Does any of you have the Docking plan for a Bavaria 36 Cruiser from 2004? I want to take her out of water and I don't know the dimensions to build the supports.

Thanks in advance!

symphony2

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: B33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: Docking plan for B36 2004
« Reply #1 on: November 24 2021, 18:55 »
There is not a specific plan as it depends on what you are using to support the boat. The cradle I use has 3 supports either side and the keel rests on the central spine. As you can see from the photo the aft one is just behind the the saildrive, the middle one is roughly in line with the main bulkhead in front of the engine and the forward on (not shown in the photo is roughly alongside the mast. Note that these supports do not take any significant weight they are there to stop the boat from moving - the weight is on the keel. If the boat is left unattended in the stormy winter months, or people are going to work on it along the deck or inside we also put an additional prop under the bow and two more at the stern. We always take all sails off and lower the spray hood to reduce windage.

Hope this helps

RYAYMOI

• Swab
« Reply #2 on: November 24 2021, 20:47 »
Thanks for the details about what you use. I am trying to build something more solid, like the ones in the photo, to resist better.

symphony2

• Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: November 24 2021, 23:24 »
You may get some ideas from here.  yachtlegs.co.uk/index.pl?pageid=6&page=yachtcradles&langx=eng  The cradle I am using is from the "transportable" range because in our club we do not have room to store cradles when they are not in Use. Owners fold them down and take them home. Many are owned by syndicates who share them. The person who owns the one I use has a Hanse 370 and it is used by other members with boats varying in size from my 33 up to 40'. Those supports in your photo look substantial but they really don't need to be made as heavy as that. The important thing is that the supports are linked to the trough that the keel sits in. As I said earlier, the supports do not really take any load - the load is on the keel trough. The hoist lowers the boat onto the blocks and the boat is levelled side to side and slightly sloping down aft then the supports are adjusted to ensure it stays in the right position. On this design the supports are fully adjustable so that they can be set at the bist place fore and aft to give full support to the hull.

RYAYMOI

• Swab
« Reply #4 on: November 25 2021, 08:24 »
Thanks again for such a detailed reply!
And the link is quite useful!
I add attached the drawing of a cradle sent to me this morning by Bavaria; it should fit any size, from 31 ft to 44!

symphony2

• Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: November 25 2021, 16:40 »
That is very simple and while the basic format would suit a wide range of boats (although I would not be happy with a 44' or even a 40' with just 4 supports) you would need to establish the correct angle and height for the support pads to suit your boat if they were fixed, allowing for space to use wedges between the pads and the boat for fine tuning. Alternatively the arms can pivot and the pads adjust up and down rather like the yard cradles on the Yachtlegs site. Then it could be folded flat for storage.

SorinCT

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria C36
  • Boat Year: 2005
« Reply #6 on: April 30 2023, 10:08 »
Just completed docking for my 2002 36 Cruiser. Some photos for those in need. I would say that a spreader bar for the slings is quite useful. Used 18m sling at bow and 18m sling extended by 0.5m chain at stern. Spreader bar roughly the beam of the boat. Load cell of crane was showing 6.5 tons but my boat is full of tools, 1 water tank and diesel tank full. I used 8 stands as we were expecting strong winds (gusts of 50 km/h) and it also made it easier and safer to shift their position in order to clean and paint under the pads.