Author Topic: Waste Line Routing  (Read 939 times)

Jake

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: 44
  • Boat Year: 2004
Waste Line Routing
« on: August 21 2021, 14:28 »
I am replacing some valves and hoses in both heads on my Bav 44.  It seems that the current arrangement uses two diverter valves and multiple hoses in a rather complicated fashion to get the job done.

Attached is a picture showing the current configuration on the right.  On the left, is what I think is a much less complicated routing.  It doesn't need any valves at all.  The only downside I see is that the hose from the head to the tank will always have something in it, which can flow backwards through the joker valve (if it is not in top condition).

Are all Bavarias plumbed like this?  By the way, both heads are done in the same manner.

Jake
Jake Brodersen
Winedown
Bavaria 44

symphony2

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: B33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: Waste Line Routing
« Reply #1 on: August 21 2021, 18:00 »
The one on the left is more normal, but many prefer the one on the right because it allows you to choose between putting waste through the tank or direct to sea. The latter is useful in two situations. First if you want to hold the waste for later disposal while still being able to flush straight out, or you can just use the tank when you want to retain solids and flush just liquids straight to sea. This reduces the volume held in the tank - one use if you flush properly with 10 pumps of seawater can put 4l liquid into the tank. Suspect the tanks are 60l so maybe 15 uses before full. not much if you have a full crew!

Personally I would leave it as it is.