Author Topic: Bavaria 42 (2005) - Cockpit rear removable Seat disappeared - Replacement  (Read 1531 times)

Michtsui

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Bavaria C 42
  • Boat Year: 2005
Hi all

My stupid mistake - dropping the removable cockpit rear seat (the removable seat between the two helm rear seats - please see picture) - too much wine on board may be. My boat is an old one Bavaria 42 in 2005. Need suggestion how to replace the lost seat - say contacting Bavaria direct or any other suggestions please. 

nightowle

• Able Seaman
  • S/V In Deep - 1999 Bavaria 35E
  • Boat Model: 35 Exclusive
  • Boat Year: 1999
S/V In Deep - 1999 Bavaria 35E
Seattle, WA USA

SYJetzt

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 46
Happened to me too, but i could rescue it with a dive.
After this mishap i glassed a sheet of styrofoam with epoxi on the back side to keep the part floating, if it drops again! 

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
Bavaria is doing good business selling replacement ones!

Most people tend to add a safety line to theirs after the first replacement, as they're quite pricey.
Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)

Gardan

• First Mate
Happened to me too, but i could rescue it with a dive.
After this mishap i glassed a sheet of styrofoam with epoxi on the back side to keep the part floating, if it drops again!
I have cord attached , but what a brilliant idea to add some foam underneath so it floats , I’ll be doing this next week , great shout !

SYJetzt

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 46
I added two hooks to the forward edge to get it "parked" on the inner side of the pushpit railings. See photo

Michtsui

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Bavaria C 42
Thanks. The problem I have is to get the replaced item as Bavaria advised they have stopped pr?oduction for the model after I gave? Them the hull number. Any suggestions?

Klausen

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 37 cr
  • Boat Year: 2006
ai replaced mine with a diy seat built from a cheap teak table (eb...). Sorry no pictures. Since I did,  it sleeps in the locker, sailing is better without this thing.
Klaus