Author Topic: Electric transom door problems  (Read 4317 times)

Alec

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40
  • Boat Year: 2008
Electric transom door problems
« on: June 03 2013, 05:45 »
Hi All,
I have an electrically operated transom door on the back of my 2008 - 40 Bavaria.
The problem is they will not lift the transom door with out assistance with me to get started, once they start moving there is no problem. I read an article some time back that I now cant find that from memory said there was an adjustment you could make to increase the amp set point. Does anyone have any information or advice ? (the door will not lift and the drive just stoppers so I need to pull at the same time and once it is up an inch or two the drive can raise it)
Regards,
Alec

MIA

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 39 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
Re: Electric transom door problems
« Reply #1 on: June 03 2013, 06:34 »
Look at thread "Transom Bathing Platform" started by David Toms on page three of Bavaria yacht Help

Alec

• Second Mate
« Reply #2 on: June 03 2013, 07:03 »
Thanks Mia,
I cant open the drawing, does anyone know where the micro switches are ?
Regards,
Alec

New boat

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bav 31
  • Boat Year: 2009
« Reply #3 on: August 08 2013, 09:34 »
The micro switches are either end of the tubular leg. It takes a major dismantling to get to them

Alec

• Second Mate
« Reply #4 on: August 12 2013, 14:17 »
New Boat,
Thanks for the information.
I have resolved the problem now and all working good.
For anyone else out there who has problems with their transom door the electric rams I found in 2 locations being Germany and Turkey, the German rams where priced at 240 euros each and the Turkish rams where priced at 70 euros each The only thing I could not confirm was the IP rating of the rams though size, colour, length and everything else was the same...I also found out that these rams are mainly used in mobility type equipment like to raise a bed so someone can get out easier and chairs etc.
When I installed the new rams back on I modified the holding cleat on the door by slotting the hole so the rams could be left with no load at all and I also beefed up the stopper bracket and lifted the transom door by about 10 degrees. so far so good and works every time.
Alec