Author Topic: Wires between switchboard and mast. Vision 42  (Read 1872 times)

Ronald

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Vision 42
  • Boat Year: 2018
Wires between switchboard and mast. Vision 42
« on: November 13 2020, 16:04 »
Hi all bit of a long shot
Did any of you vision owner pulled cables between the switch boards and the mast.

I want to replace the antenna cable for a better one and wonder if one of the empty slots of cable runners ( don’t know the right English word for them) ends up behind the switch board.

Secondly I am upgrading to a 3 colour combined with anchor light, would you know if there is a pre wire available at the bottom of the mast?
I believe the in mast cable ihas already 3 wires.

Thanks Ronald

Mirror45184

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 40
  • Boat Year: 2009
Re: Wires between switchboard and mast. Vision 42
« Reply #1 on: November 20 2020, 02:22 »
Ronald,

For replacing the antenna cable, simply attach a drawstring or mouse to one end of the antenna cable already there and pull that through. then use that mouse line to pull the new cable into the same conduit.

If it is is standard mast lighting there will only be a wire for deck light, steaming nav light, and mast head anchor light in the standard wiring loom. An additional wire will be needed for the masthead tri-colour.
Cheers
Mark Hutton
SV SYnergy
B40 Cruiser 2009

Ronald

• First Mate
  • Boat Year: 2018
« Reply #2 on: November 20 2020, 06:54 »
Hi Mark.
Thank you for Your suggestion, but in the Vision the Antenna cable is part of a larger cable boom. I think Bavaria moved to pre assembled cables for the whole ship, probably that is cheaper at the end then after assembly of extra cables.  E.g there is a pre laid tv antenna as well at the mast foot. If you look in the opening where you connect the cables there are a number of unused electric cables.

There is an empty cable tray sitting at the foot of the mast, but can’t find where it is
Leading to.

I will stick a wire puller through it this weekend to see it I can trace it by following the sound of the cable puller in the cable tray..

Ronald

Mirror45184

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 40
  • Boat Year: 2009
« Reply #3 on: December 18 2020, 02:36 »
Ronald
Good Luck!
Mark Hutton
SV SYnergy
B40 Cruiser 2009

Club 56

• Second Mate
  • Boat Year: 2013
« Reply #4 on: December 19 2020, 11:55 »
When adding a USB charging plug in the front cabin I removed the white back panel inside port locker.
Behind that there was a bunch of cables which from memory one was the antenna cable.
2013 Vision 42.
Panel is easy with only 6 screws.
Worth a look.
Cheers
Club 56