Author Topic: Operator Manuals  (Read 12846 times)

landes_h

• Able Seaman
  • Blue sky sailor
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38
  • Boat Year: 2003
Operator Manuals
« on: May 19 2013, 18:34 »
It probably has been mentioned many times before but I was not successful with the "search" function. My question and request for help is regarding an operation manual for a Bavaria 38 (year 2003). I bought the boat recently but the seller is not able to give me a manual of the boat because he is not the first owner and never had one.
I am technically interested and prefer to have documentation of equipment/systems and vehicles I operate.
Has anyone the possibility to mail me such a manual or knows a source to obtain one.
Thanks in advance.
Greetings
Horst
Bavaria 38 / 2003 berth Portoroz, Slowenia

Symphony

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: Operator Manuals
« Reply #1 on: May 19 2013, 22:45 »
I expect you can get a copy from the factory. However, it is very, very basic, although the wiring diagrams, plumbing circuits and basic data sheets are useful. When the boat was new it would have come with that basic handbook, which contains the legal bits as well such as the declaration of conformity and more importantly handbooks and service manuals for all the equipment fitted on the boat.

landes_h

• Able Seaman
  • Blue sky sailor
« Reply #2 on: May 20 2013, 14:45 »
Thanks Symphony for your reply.
The problem is, I bought it as a previous Charter boat, before it was privatly owned. I guess the charter company didn't care whether there is documention or not (Croatian !).
I did write to Bavaria today, including the ship's serial number for refrence. I told them to send a manual if possible in PDF format, so there is no mailing cost.
You are right, by EU standard each and every equipment must come with a documentation in the language of the country it is sold at (for me German). This law has cause the funniest translations of Chinese operation instructions, just to obtain a CE sign.  :sick

Anyway I am interested how Bavaria will react (if any).
Greets from Munich
Greetings
Horst

MIA

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 39 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #3 on: May 31 2013, 12:47 »
Dont know if these will be any use to you

landes_h

• Able Seaman
  • Blue sky sailor
« Reply #4 on: June 10 2013, 17:40 »
Thanks, found those already on the www
Greetings
Horst

singlefish

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: 38
« Reply #5 on: June 11 2013, 14:45 »
Here is the Owners manual that came with mine .

singlefish

• Able Seaman
« Reply #6 on: June 11 2013, 14:56 »
if I can be of any more help please ask , Ive had my 2003 B38 for a year and done some mods , led lights in cabin , cockpit speakers , heating , assymetric spinnaker , stripped and rebuilt volvo prop , replaced stereo , genoa ,

The boat has been fabulous , sails fast ,wins races , motors into gales , dead easy to sail wife and I , If everyone knew how good this b38 vintage is I doubt I could have afforded one .

landes_h

• Able Seaman
  • Blue sky sailor
« Reply #7 on: June 12 2013, 12:19 »
Thank you so much singlefish.
I wrote to Bavaria for a manual but never heard from them.
I got my boat (year 2003) just recently, rescued it from the claws of charter business. It is still in pretty good condition, only minor damages usual to charter use, such as bent reling posts, scratched foot reling, etc.
My wife and I love the ship, compared to the previous, 22 year old ELAN-33 we sailed for 16 years, she is a real space ship. I hope we will have some enjoyable time with her.
The manual will help locate parts and provide some guidance for use. Thanks again.

I also plan to put in diesel heating, so it would be interesting how and where you installed the heater and layed the hose pipes and vents.
I already have cockpit speakers, sometimes annoying to neighbours because they may be screaming outside and I sit inside and am not aware of it. LED lighting will be installed bit by bit.
I plan to put shelfs in the hanging side of the aft cabinets and one of the front cabin cabinets to gain more storage. I sail in the adriatic and don't have any hanging clothes with me.
Wish you all the best with your B38.
Greetings
Horst

singlefish

• Able Seaman
« Reply #8 on: June 13 2013, 11:45 »
Hi I had a mikuni My30 M4 heater kit installed , was going to do my self , but on reading info was clear for insurance best done by proffesional , it was cheaper than webasto or eberspacher equivalent , but got rave reviews , infact the marine electrician that fitted it has now taken on an agency for them himself as he was so impressed with the heater and mikuni company .
He installed the heater in starboard side of stern space on bulkhead , there was allready air duct towars this space from factory fitted air vents .  he ran ducting down starboard side , although holes had been precut by manufacterer he still had to mod /cut some of them due to cabling runs ,   it runs down centre of boat under cockpit , then under starboard berth ,  under instrument panel behind seat  , then below and behind chart table , into locker under strbd seat (vent fitted here ) and then through main bulkhead into locker under seat strbd side ,forecabin , with vent .

I fitted the vents to both aft cabins at later date , dead easy , tee'd into pipe etc , all i needed extra to kit was an 1m length of 80mm pipe , everything else included .

I too am very impressed with the heater which does a great job , even with aft vents open will still reach forecabin .It has been well tested especially last 3 months in scotland ! ,

plan  to run smaller pipe and vent to heads next winter .

Led lights  bought from ebay as advised elsewhere in this forum , just the cheap ones which work fine , dont have a smart charger so dont get great spikes that will blow them (so far !)

Tikitikitwo

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria38
« Reply #9 on: June 26 2013, 21:07 »
I asked Bavaria for the manual and got it by email in pdf format last winter. My B38 is a 2003 ( hull X38M0L203).
I installed last year, by myself, a Webasto Air Top 5000 diesel heater, changed the alternator with a 105A, changed the service battery bank with Optima Blue and replaced the power spilt with a Sterling Power AB12130.
please ask if you need more info or pics.