Author Topic: Main panel 410 manual  (Read 2270 times)

quakerfin

• Swab
Main panel 410 manual
« on: September 28 2020, 14:43 »
Does anyone of you guys own manual for main panel 410?

Its installed in out Bavaria 390 Caribic and acant find any info about the panel. No instructions nor even explanations of the symbols.

Manuallib looks like not having online manual. Would appreciate if anyone could scan the document or send it with pm.

Thanks a lot!
Mikko

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
Re: Main panel 410 manual
« Reply #1 on: September 28 2020, 16:20 »
In absence of a manual, open the panel and look at the back - it's a very simple affair! A couple switches, a couple breakers, the rest are just wires to follow. The connectors are labeled with the numbers and icons corresponding to the switches.

The symbols are the same as on the later (~2000 era) panels, so you can look them up in the documentation for those. Although they are pretty self-explanatory. A lightbulb symbol means it's a light switch and the position of the dot(s) on the icon tells you which light it is. A dot in the cabin means cabin lights. A dot on the bow and stern means navigation lights, and so on. A village water pump symbol means pump and combined with a glass of water it's the freshwater pump. They really went through some effort to avoid having to print the panels in multiple languages! :D
Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)

quakerfin

• Swab
« Reply #2 on: September 29 2020, 06:43 »
I have a picture here from similar era panel, 411. Can you clear me what symbols are meant to be? :-)

1. Anchor light
2. Forward light
3. Running lights
4. Deck flood light
5. Indoor lightning
6. Indoor lightning
7. Panels etc. lights
8. ???

9. Autopilot
10. Instruments
11. Radar
12. Fridge

13. ???
14. Windlass
15. Drinking water
16. ???
17. Bilge pumps?
18. 12V sockets
19. Extra 1
20. Extra 2

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
« Reply #3 on: September 29 2020, 09:37 »
2. Steaming light
8. Can't make out the symbol and we don't have that one. Can you take a better photo?
13. Heater
16. Shower pump
17. Bilge pump
Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)

JEN-et-ROSS

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38 Lagoon
  • Boat Year: 1990
« Reply #4 on: September 29 2020, 11:27 »
This is the panel we have and over the years a couple of the switches became faulty, but replacements are available at a very low price from CPC farnell in Preston UK.
Removing the old ones and soldering in the new is a bit like brain surgery but it's possible with a bit of forethought......Bill

bertrand

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 370 Lagoon
  • Boat Year: 1992
« Reply #5 on: December 15 2021, 00:30 »
I do have the electrical design document if interested.

I have post it to www.duvivier.com under Bavaria & Electricity directory

8 - speed and depth sounder

FYI I'm upgrading my entire electricity/electronic (including cables) on my Bavaria 370... It is great to have the document, it help a lot. Many devices were extremly old and no longer working  properly and I had electric issues (not fixed by the previous owner).

I decide to redo everything (I'm electronic engineer)... the newer 410 panel includes far less switches/buttons and a 10 inch toutch screen connected to a raspberry pi (50 euros computer) with NMEA N2K interface (to the plug and play bus), from witch I pilot relays.  I'm now developping few applictations ( like automaticaly switch off specific devices if running out of electric power or maintening the boat temperature at 3-4 degrée (celcius) during the winter)
I also added a sensors block in the engine room collecting engine and tanks parameter and signaling these to the N2K bus.
I upgraded the VHF with a AIS/VHF interfacing with N2K bus
And finally have wifi access to the N2K bus (and could monitor, switch devices from my smartphone, tablet, the newer 410 screen or even from home)

My next step is to interface with old seatalk equipements (in the cockpit) and inject sensors data to the N2K bus.

Bertrand

Bavaria 390

• Cadet
« Reply #6 on: December 19 2021, 20:04 »
Sorry

bertrand

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 370 Lagoon
  • Boat Year: 1992
« Reply #7 on: February 03 2022, 01:42 »