Author Topic: Help with pumps and shower drain..  (Read 1570 times)

Kala

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
Help with pumps and shower drain..
« on: June 28 2020, 22:52 »
Hi!

Hope someone is able to help me.. I have a Bav36 2002 and today when I tried to use the stern shower I've been unable to make it work.. It worked one week ago. Not today. I tried with all pumps even bilges because I use to forget which is that shower connector at the main panel.. But still unable, luckily the shower of the bathroom worked so I've decided to try.. All perfect.. exept that all that water was not draining.. I tried again with all pumps and bilges.. nothing.. I unscrewed the plate in the bathroom floor where the water was supossed to drain and have to dry it with a sponge.. I am sure I have to do some repairs but don't know which ones and I'd like to know if you have had similar experiences and how did you managed.. Thanks in advance!

Symphony

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: Help with pumps and shower drain..
« Reply #1 on: June 28 2020, 23:42 »
The stern shower does not have a pump, it is just pressurised by the main water system and controlled by the taps. The shower drain has a pump which I think is operated by a press button in the shower compartment. It also has a fused switch on the control panel. If the pump is running but not drawing up the water the first thing to check is the pickup and the filter which tend to get blocked with debris and hair.

IslandAlchemy

• Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: June 29 2020, 06:27 »
The push buttons for the shower sump pumps are notorious for packing up.  I've had 2 out of 3 fail.

Salty

• Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: June 29 2020, 08:59 »
Just to be clear, is it that your drain pump motor is not actually running (that would be an electrical or mechanical fault), or does the pump motor run but it doesn’t drain the water away (that could be down to a blockage either between the shower sump and the pump, or between the pump and the overboard outlet)??

SorinCT

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria C36
  • Boat Year: 2005
« Reply #4 on: June 29 2020, 15:09 »
Few days back i was in the aft, installing the seatalk equipment and had a look at the shower hose. Even the metal braided inlets were not properly tightened and twisted, thus reducing flow.

Kala

• Second Mate
« Reply #5 on: July 03 2020, 23:20 »
Hi all

Sorry for the delay. The drain pump started to work when I tried with it yesterda, so I really don't know what was going on.. Now seems fixed. The problem with the stern shower was a flip in the hose..
Many thanks for your time and advices!