Author Topic: Installing Additional hand rails/holds to 2006 B37Cr  (Read 1440 times)

Konan the Bavarian

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: 37 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
I like to race my 2006 B37Cr in an annual overnight race, that requires Cat 5 compliance. Konan passes inspection for Cat 5 compliance, but i am usually questioned by the auditor about the adequacy of the existing hand holds in the main saloon area.

I am looking for ideas for how i can improve the hand holds, by adding additional hand holds / grab rails that would be both functional, still look good and look a part of the original fit-out.

Any ideas would be very welcomed.

Cheers,
Steven
SV Konan the Bavarian

Symphony

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: Installing Additional hand rails/holds to 2006 B37Cr
« Reply #1 on: May 15 2020, 16:47 »
Two suggestions. A grab handle to the left of the door into the forecabin and another on top of the aft end of the table. You can buy from most chandlers (at least in the UK) ready made handles in teak or stainless. The teak ones will blend well if oiled or finished in a silk interior varnish. I made one myself from iroko for the top of the table as the profile on later boats is square rather than oval as the teak ones are normally. Also made one in teak for the cockpit table. Making yourself also means you can make them the size you want, useful for the ones on the tables as they look as if they were original.

Konan the Bavarian

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: 37 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #2 on: May 17 2020, 11:18 »
Hi Symphony
I like you ideas. Hand hold to for'ard door can visualise that.
Do you have photos of the hand holds on the table?

Symphony

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 33
  • Boat Year: 2015
« Reply #3 on: May 17 2020, 11:36 »
Yes, I do, but even following the instructions I can't seem to attach it to my post. I am obviously doing something wrong - or not doing something. Perhaps you can help educate me.