Author Topic: RCD module  (Read 1644 times)

heboth

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 41,3
  • Boat Year: 2004
RCD module
« on: April 15 2020, 16:45 »
Hi

I'm having a problem with my shore power and I guess it is related to the RCD module (Fault current relay HPFI ?). Does any body know which type that is installed in a Bavaria 41 from 2004. It is a ESW Panel 202 or if I can install any type ?

Henrik

Craig

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2009
Re: RCD module
« Reply #1 on: April 16 2020, 23:57 »
I'm surprised that no one with a similar model can comment on this for you.

I have a 2009 Bav 38. The RCD on the 202 panel failed in about 2013. It was only possible at the time to replace the whole panel.

If anyone has a failure of the RCD, it may be possible ( but not recommended) as a temporary measure, to bypass the RCD by removing the lugs on the connectors at the back. It would at least make sure your diagnosis that the RCD has failed.

Craig
"Shirley Valentine"
Gold Coast
Australia

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
« Reply #2 on: April 17 2020, 04:36 »
If you select the “Home” page, then select “Bavaria Yacht Help.”
At the top right corner of the page that comes up there is a search entry point, type in RCD and select search.
You will then find heaps of info about RCDs
I replaced mine on my B36(2002) at the beginning of last year, and all of the info you need is written on the front of the RCD device. I typed this into the search bar on eBay, and within seconds the specific new RCD - well RCCB - came up and a few seconds later it had been ordered and paid for. It was delivered a few days later, and at the next weekend it was fitted into place and mains electricity was restored.

Lyra

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: B36
« Reply #3 on: April 17 2020, 06:36 »
As Salty wrote - you can use any RCD that phisically fits through the opening and is rated for the same amperage.
S/Y Lyra
B36 / 2004

heboth

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 41,3
« Reply #4 on: April 17 2020, 07:04 »
Thanks for the info. I ended up buying an replacement KOMBIAFB. C 16/0,03/1+N 6KA
 and will get it today. Again thanks fro all the help.

Henrik

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
« Reply #5 on: April 17 2020, 14:16 »
Take lots of photos of each side of the original RCD/RCCB before you disconnect it so that you know and have a record of exactly where each wire needs to connect, and of course disconnect any mains power supply that you may have already plugged into the boat before you start.
When I fitted the new device on my boat, I worked mainly along the line of taking one wire off the original and connecting it into the identical location on the replacement as far as possible, but cable lengths or lack of it sometimes dictated that system would not work in all instances, and this is where those photos and notes that I kept, were very handy indeed.
Fortunately for me there was no question of whether the original device was malfunctioning or not as it had a large burn hole in one area.
The photo below was taken from my purchase history on eBay, and where you can see that much of the eBay search information I used was taken directly from the facing side of the device.