Author Topic: electrical problem, B 40 ocean  (Read 4008 times)

Jolo

• Swab
  • Boat Model: 40 ocean
  • Boat Year: 2000
electrical problem, B 40 ocean
« on: January 07 2013, 21:19 »
Hello,
I have a Bavaria 40 Ocean and we have had a small cable fire, the circuit board for the measured shunt for water tanks and battery is out.
Does anyone know if you can buy a new cicuit board, I've electrical panel nr.16.
Does anyone have a circuit diagram for this type of boat that can scan it and post it on the forum?

Thanks!

//Joachim

njsail

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
Re: electrical problem, B 40 ocean
« Reply #1 on: January 07 2013, 23:32 »
Joachim - sorry to hear about the electrical issue.  I suggest contacting Bavaria.  There were two types of circuits used for water tanks.  I just went through this a few years ago.  When I talked with the US Bavaria representative he walked me through the different types of gauges/circuits used.  In the end I decided to replace all the tank gauges with a single monitoring system.   I was very pleased with the unit.   In case you end up wanting to replace the unit the web site is:   http://www.ferriellosales.com/.  I went with the Profile Series 8-Tank Monitor.

I have no affiliation with this company. The web site isn't the most modern and the pictures of the unit don't do it justice but Dennis Ferrillio has the best customer service  you could ever ask for.  Just contact him with any questions and you'll see what I mean. 

Good luck with your challenge.  I removed the old gauges and circuits. 

Nigel

• R.I.P.
  • Old Salt
    • Dolcetto - My Boat
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 47
  • Boat Year: 2000
« Reply #2 on: January 11 2013, 11:49 »
... the circuit board for the measured shunt for water tanks and battery is out ... Does anyone have a circuit diagram for this type of boat that can scan it and post it on the forum?

Not sure what you mean by the "measured shunt for water tanks" but I've got the circuit for a PB42 panel if that helps.
Nigel Mercier: Forum Administrator

MikeGowland

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 1999
« Reply #3 on: January 12 2013, 06:25 »
Hi Jolo

I've tried unsuccessfully for months to find a replacement card. The agent contacted Bavaria and they don't do them anymore, the last I heard was they were trying to find an old one to refurbish. I suppose I'll have to live without knowing the battery condition (although its quite easy to wire up a display). Not so easy for the water.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Mike