Author Topic: Raymarine speed display issue - bavaria 42  (Read 1754 times)

monty dong

• Swab
Raymarine speed display issue - bavaria 42
« on: January 28 2019, 10:11 »
hello all,

i am having a speed reading issue between my raymarine st60 tridata and st60 multi units.

in the cabin, the st60 multi is reading/displaying speed

in the cockpit, the st60 tridata is not reading/displaying speed

i presume there to be a cabling issue between units, but before i start pulling things apart i wonder if anyone has any advice/guidance on how to resolve this issue.

Cheers,
monty

hidrotherapy

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 46
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: Raymarine speed display issue - bavaria 42
« Reply #1 on: January 28 2019, 14:17 »
First of all, check the protocol in all units.
It is necessary to be the same in all instruments.

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
« Reply #2 on: January 28 2019, 15:23 »
Hi Monty, and welcome to the forum.

Check that the Seatalk connection to your cockpit instrument has not become disconnected. The Seatalk cable carries both the data connection as well as the power to illuminate the instrument. If when you switch on, the instrument becomes activated, then it’s possible that the data connection alone is faulty, or the instrument itself is faulty. One way to check would be to switch the two instruments around and see whether your tridata instrument works at the multi position. If it does work there then you have a fault somewhere in your Seatalk system, but make sure that both instruments are fully connected to Seatalk before you try this as the instruments themselves become part of the circuit. If it doesn’t work, then it’s likely your tridata instrument is faulty.

Good luck.

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
« Reply #3 on: January 28 2019, 16:16 »
Also check if the instrument is set to master or repeater, depending on where the transducers are connected to. Only one of them will have the transducer cable connected, and that one must be the master, the other set to repeater.
Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)