Author Topic: How to remove house battery circuit breaker Bav 30?  (Read 2121 times)

Bertie1972

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 30
  • Boat Year: 2007
Hi

New to me 2006 Bav 30.

I have a bad connection in my house battery circuit breaker (RH switch in attached photo [my first post, not totally sure I've attached the pic...])- and have to fiddle it carefully to maintain connection.

Tried today to remove it to clean or replace, and discovered that unscrewing the four outward facing screws only takes off the face plate.

It seems to be screwed in place from the inside of the wood panel - any suggestions how I can remove this switch?

Nick

B40-Lefkas

• Swab
  • Boat Model: B40
  • Boat Year: 2008
Re: How to remove house battery circuit breaker Bav 30?
« Reply #1 on: July 24 2018, 14:34 »
Maybe someone else can be more helpful, but as far as I know there is no easy way to remove this panel. It's Bavaria joinery... You may be able to get at the back of the switches by opening the control panel shown in the top of your photograph. I was able to do that on a B40 (disconnected batteries first of course). On a B30 you may need to enlist the help of an anorexic contortionist.  Good luck!

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
« Reply #2 on: July 24 2018, 14:48 »
On my 40 Ocean, the backside of this same switch is accessible from the rear by going in above it from inside the locker door with the main switch panel, somewhat hindered by all the cables there, but if you part them and stick your arm through you can get at it. Also somewhat more awkwardly accessible from the cubby hole under the chart table where the shorepower charger is installed.
Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)

Bertie1972

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 30
  • Boat Year: 2007
« Reply #3 on: July 24 2018, 22:00 »
Thanks Lefkas and Yngmar, I'll probably lose a bit of skin from my wrist in the process!

If I can't achieve anything productive this way, rather than try to remove the whole wooden panel, I guess next best will be to (super-carefully) cut around the switch and remount its replacement on a new panel which overlaps the hole.

Bertie