Author Topic: Creaking toilet floor  (Read 2748 times)

ANTREVELL

• Able Seaman
Creaking toilet floor
« on: August 06 2017, 10:31 »
Cruiser 33 year 2013

I am trying to reduce the creaking of the washboards in the heads .It would appear the slatted floor moves then rubs against the plastic of the floor /shower tray moulding.
I am thinking of something that could be put between the wooden floor and the plastic . I do not think cutting the floor down in size will help as it will then just slide over more and then rub again. Any ideas gratefully received

Regards Tony Revell    Pegatha Cruiser 33

tiger79

• Old Salt
  • 2014 Cruiser 37
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 37
  • Boat Year: 2014
Re: Creaking toilet floor
« Reply #1 on: August 06 2017, 12:14 »
My old HR had a similar problem.  I fixed pieces of nitrile rubber sheet around the edges of the grating, which cured any noise.

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
« Reply #2 on: August 06 2017, 12:31 »
Never had any washboards in my B36(2002), instead I bought some white rubber matting with a floral design on it from a caravan accessory shop. The matting is easy to cut to shape, it allows water to drain through it to the shower sump, and doesn't squeak at all. Periodically it goes into the washing machine at home, or gets a squirt of bleach if it starts to stain. Also it's kind on the feet, particularly in cold weather for that middle of the night trip !!

Symphony

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 33
  • Boat Year: 2015
« Reply #3 on: August 06 2017, 14:37 »
Yes the teak grid is rather nice but mine creaks as well. On the list to do something about it which will probably be some form of rubber or plastic at strategic points - when I can identify what they are.

Baddox

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 30 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #4 on: August 06 2017, 19:00 »
Our boat has exactly the same problem that disturbs the crew during a night-time pee.  I like the idea of the nitrile sheet and will try to find a supplier of small quantities of it.  Failing that, a strip or two of rubber glove should do instead.

dawntreader

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria37
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #5 on: August 07 2017, 08:59 »
Our boat has exactly the same problem that disturbs the crew during a night-time pee.  I like the idea of the nitrile sheet and will try to find a supplier of small quantities of it.  Failing that, a strip or two of rubber glove should do instead.

Be careful of the shower pump outlet if you do this!