Author Topic: Berker Aust 240/10A outlets.  (Read 3311 times)

DT

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 34 cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2010
Berker Aust 240/10A outlets.
« on: February 14 2017, 21:37 »
Hi all

My boat has euro outlets and I wish to swap them over to Aust standard.

I have to buy a box of ten as min number and I only need six, is anybody interested in purchasing the remaining 4.

The price I have been quoted is 35 pounds each.

Thanks
David
B34/2009

Noelio Abrunhosa

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38 cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2005

DT

• Second Mate
Re: Berker Aust 240/10A outlets.
« Reply #2 on: February 15 2017, 01:24 »
Thanks Noelio
unfortunately the link won't open , probably because of my Mac. I had a look thru their website and emailed them regarding Aust sockets. I suspect that price was for UK sockets . We convicts out here in the colonies have to pay extra , it would seem.

Thanks

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
« Reply #3 on: February 15 2017, 07:32 »
Do you have to use Berker socket outlets??

A friend has had his non Bavaria boat re-wired by a qualified and experienced electrical engineer, and using domestic power sockets. Now I'm guessing that many readers will sniff at such suggestion, but his installation has been in place for at least five years, and up to now he has had no problems with it. On the other hand, I replaced one of my European round pin sockets with a Berker three pin UK style socket, and was less than impressed with it. It does the job, but the spring loaded flap over the euro socket it replaced, will not fit the new socket despite them both having the same footprint. Also I saw nothing in the Berker socket apart from its shape and colour that would set it above a decent UK domestic socket either by way of quality of manufacture, or use of materials.

DT

• Second Mate
« Reply #4 on: February 15 2017, 20:55 »
The most pressing reason for using the Berker sockets is the cutouts that are in place already . Our aust domestic sockets will sit out proud of the timber unless a large hole is cut.
Noelio , thanks, feureauxriddle got back to me , close to half the original price I got.

DT