Author Topic: Portlight seal  (Read 3900 times)

Steve burt48

• Swab
  • Boat Model: 50 Cruiser Sail
  • Boat Year: 2006
Portlight seal
« on: January 12 2017, 12:33 »
Having trouble with finding the seals that fit my 2006 Bav 50 port light seals >:( Lewmar have sent out here to Australia three different sets that dont have a chance of fitting, ::) i would be greatfull if someone could help track down the original style acrylic window to fitting seals. Seems Lewmar and Bavaria arent interested in support for the thousands of portlights they have sold and installed
Thanks in anticipation. :kewl

Scotty

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 46 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2007
Re: Portlight seal
« Reply #1 on: February 11 2017, 15:27 »
There should be some serial numbers engraved on the inside of the perspex windows. Take a note of them and contact Lewmar. Lewmar also publish an online catalogue, so take a look at that.

Steve burt48

• Swab
« Reply #2 on: February 22 2017, 06:36 »
Thanks Scott done all of that Lewmar aren't interested all I got there redundant can't help. So much for any support or words of wisdom from Lewmar.  Tried Bavaria direct though they trying to locate reason why their seals don't fit into the Lewmar frame profile and allowing perspecs to close. So I guess there's a lot of Bavarias that won't be able to fix Barrel style portlight leaks😳😡😡

Scotty

• Swab
« Reply #3 on: February 23 2017, 18:45 »
Hi Steve
This is very strange. I obtained a Barrel seal for my 2007 B46c  in 2014 from Clipper Marine £30.80 + vat. Had it fitted and no problems. I still have the old one with the part number which I can give you when I retrieve it from my boat next week if you would like? I assume it will be the same as yours.
Tony

Steve burt48

• Swab
« Reply #4 on: February 25 2017, 09:45 »
Hi Scotty ill take any help i can get even if you could quiz the installers and ask if there is a special "nack: to it or have to hold your tongue right my installers broke one perspex lens trying to close it after many attempts they went for the brute force approach and failed costing me a new lens! Even close up pic's of the profile of yur seals may help.  :)

Scotty

• Swab
« Reply #5 on: February 25 2017, 10:40 »
Hi Steve. The seal was fitted in the S France so I'm afraid I can't ask them. I understand it was straight forward though. I'm going to the boat next week so I'll bring it home and take some photos. where are you based?

Steve burt48

• Swab
« Reply #6 on: February 25 2017, 11:21 »
Hi Steve. The seal was fitted in the S France so I'm afraid I can't ask them. I understand it was straight forward though. I'm going to the boat next week so I'll bring it home and take some photos. where are you based?
Hi Scotty thanks for that "Kasella" is in the Whitsundays Queensland Australia.
Cheers

Scotty

• Swab
« Reply #7 on: March 11 2017, 13:38 »
Hi Steve
I have been to my boat and have taken some photos of the rubber seal. Not sure if they are clear enough to help you.
By the way the Lewmar part number I have is 361422999 is that the same as yours?
Regards
Tony

Steve burt48

• Swab
« Reply #8 on: March 12 2017, 02:40 »
Hi yes these are the ones ive been sent twice from England only to have the boat yard tell me they wont allow the perspex lens to close any closer than 15mm from shut?? And breaking a lens trying to force them to shut?? :-[ ::) ???