Author Topic: eberspacher main fuse location  (Read 3885 times)

blue-max

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: ocean 47
  • Boat Year: 2000
eberspacher main fuse location
« on: February 01 2016, 21:39 »
I need to  trace the power cables to  the heater - unfortunately they are very tight and run out of sight under the aft berth. This was I believe a factory  fitted item and there should have been a substantial  in line fuse located some where near the batteries perhaps -  I assume the panel switch is not a breaker. Any ideas - boat is Ocean 47, heater D5L.

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
Re: eberspacher main fuse location
« Reply #1 on: February 02 2016, 00:35 »
It's a little black case with two standard car blade fuses under black plastic covers. The cables are not substantial (it doesn't draw that many amps even when glowing). Mine is on the DC distribution board behind the DC panel, right-hand side (D5LC, 40 Ocean).

Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)

blue-max

• Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: February 03 2016, 16:26 »
Thanks for that - I will look again amongst  the spaghetti! What surprises me is that the controller  - not  original I think which  is mounted above the panel appears not to be governed by  fuse or switch  even through there is a dedicated heater switch  on the panel. My understanding was that the fuse would be large as the heater draws a lot of amps

Stuart

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria Cruiser 42
  • Boat Year: 2005
« Reply #3 on: February 04 2016, 02:50 »
Hi blue-max the reason for not being controlled by the breaker panel is that you don't want to shut down the heater prematurely so it can't cool itself down properly. I have a D5 and the fuse is connected directly to the battery.Hope this helps and good hunting for your fuse ;D.
Cheers

Stuart

blue-max

• Old Salt
« Reply #4 on: February 05 2016, 20:57 »
hi stuart , what does your fuse look like - the spade type in the diagram or something different. I suppose you have established by trial that the fuse is on the heating circuit.

Stuart

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria Cruiser 42
  • Boat Year: 2005
« Reply #5 on: February 07 2016, 01:03 »
Hi blue-max the fuse is a larger 2 blade type in a black holder with cover located at the battery pos terminal, I installed it myself. ;).
Cheers

Stuart