Author Topic: Fitting an Eberspacher Heater  (Read 3967 times)

stevem

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria Vision 42
  • Boat Year: 2015
Fitting an Eberspacher Heater
« on: April 23 2012, 08:16 »
I am thinking of fitting an eberspacher heater to my 2003 Bav 38. There are holes cut through the bulkheads all the way through on the starboard side so I guess that would be the route to run the air ducting but I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions on where to to put the outlet in the saloon.
I am thinking of four outlets, one in each bedroom and one in the saloon. It's a long run from the stern to the front cabin has anyone found that a problem?
I am thinking of buying the D4

Moodymike

• Old Salt
Re: Fitting an Eberspacher Heater
« Reply #1 on: April 23 2012, 08:52 »
Have you considered a Webasto system?  More reliable and economic to maintain.

Stuart

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria Cruiser 42
  • Boat Year: 2005
« Reply #2 on: April 23 2012, 17:08 »
Stevem

We have an Espar D5 on our Bavaria42, with outlets in the stbd. aft cabin , the main saloon face of the settee, fwd head base of the head and the V birth low on the bulkhead back to the vanity. As the vents go forward my friend an Espar tech said we had to reduce the vent size. We do close the vent off in the aft cabin which helps to move heat forward but to be honest we have never had a problem keeping the boat warm even in -3 C  :tbu
 BTW This has been on the boat working great from 2007 using it occasionally in Northern Florida
Cheers

Stuart

stevem

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria Vision 42
  • Boat Year: 2015
« Reply #3 on: April 24 2012, 22:45 »
Thanks Stuart. I think I will opt for the D4, Although I reckon It's A lot colder in the U.K than Florida.
Regards,
Stevem