Author Topic: Starter button issue  (Read 4715 times)

Stuart

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria Cruiser 42
  • Boat Year: 2005
Starter button issue
« on: April 20 2012, 22:58 »
Hi
We have a 2005 Bavaria 42 Cruiser with a Volvo D2/55/C engine with basic control panel (idiot lights and tach). The last few times trying to start the engine the first press of the button results in nothing happening, I release the button press it again and presto the engine roars into action  :o

Any ideas out there ?
Cheers

Stuart

russ

• Swab
  • Live the Dream
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 42 cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
Re: Starter button issue
« Reply #1 on: May 18 2012, 04:05 »
Hi it sounds like a poor connection. I have 2006 Bavaria 42 and had many issues including:

Fuel tank sensor broken
Holding tank warning lights broken
Hour meter on tack works once in a while
rudder problems with the bearings
mast pumping
leaks in the toerail
water pooling on the lee side  when sailing
resulting in corrosion to the toe rail.

These are problems that I did not expect and I have had no support from Bavaria or the dealer. have you had any other issues? I am going to buy some new bearings for the rudder as I think they will fail soon.

russ

• Swab
  • Live the Dream
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 42 cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #2 on: May 19 2012, 15:22 »
Hi Stuart,

My dealer is Yacht Sales West in Vancouver. We are in the Baja sailing in Mexico. It is a great spot. Not much wind but hot and beautiful. We sailed down from Vancouver in the 2011 Baja Ha Ha last October.

I am interested in hearing more about delamination on your rudder?

Do you have a fixed prop?

We are planning to sail through the Panama next year maybe we will see you in the Caribean? 

Stuart

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria Cruiser 42
  • Boat Year: 2005
« Reply #3 on: May 19 2012, 19:35 »
Hi Russ

I met Len Briden at the Toronto Boat show a few years back, seemed like a nice guy. From my experience and talking to other new boat owners ( not just the Bavaria brand) once you've been handed the keys you are on your own. You have to chase down any warranty issues, I wonder how that business model would go over in the automotive world.

The rudder split open at the leading edge, opened up like a clam and pealed away when we were sailing outside from Beaufort NC to Charleston SC. Bavaria rudders supplied by a subcontractor are held together with a chemical bond not glassed over the joint like some shops.

We have a Variprop 3 blade Feathering prop which we love very little prop walk and great in light air.

Here is a link to some of the  "Upgrades and Mods" we have done to "Overdraught"  www.bavariayachtowners.org

Hopefully we'll see you on the other side
Cheers

Stuart