Author Topic: Leaking kitchen tap  (Read 2749 times)

Wayne

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 37
  • Boat Year: 2007
Leaking kitchen tap
« on: December 16 2015, 00:37 »
I have a leaking kitchen tap. I gather there has been previous correspondence on where to buy a new mixer tap. As I am in Australia, Penguin for spares isn't really an option. Does anyone know of some brands that might be a suitable replacement? I might then try sourcing them here in Oz.
I have a 2007 cruiser and the tap is long enough to pivot between the two sinks.

Thanks.
Wayne

dawntreader

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria37
  • Boat Year: 2006
Re: Leaking kitchen tap
« Reply #1 on: December 16 2015, 07:08 »
It may only need to be serviced - replace the washers/discs? If you do want to replace it but have limited access to an exact replacement I suspect these taps are standard-sized domestic fittings and a decent supplier should be able to help you. Ease off the securing nuts and check measurements to confirm this.

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
Re: Leaking kitchen tap
« Reply #2 on: December 16 2015, 07:42 »
Suggest you visit your local plumbers merchant or DIY store, they are most likely to have a selection of the type of tap you need, or the bits to fix the problem. If you happen to live near enough to one of the German "Aldi" supermarket stores, they sell tap systems from time to time amongst their hardware offers that are near enough identical both to the galley and heads wash basin fittings.