Author Topic: Md2030 temperature sensor  (Read 5485 times)

Kerenza

Md2030 temperature sensor
« on: April 17 2012, 08:59 »
Hi all,
I would like to fit a temperature sensor in addition to the standard temperature switch. The standard fitting position is the large plug in the side of the heat exchanger.
As Volvo want large amounts of my sailing / beer money for their sensor :(, let alone their gauge,  would anyone know the thread and size of the plug to allow a standard aftermarket car sensor adaptor to be fitted? My guess is it's the same as the sump plug.
Thanks
Martin

CRYSTAL

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: B33C
  • Boat Year: 2006
Re: Md2030 temperature sensor
« Reply #1 on: April 19 2012, 18:13 »
Hi Martin,

I got a D1-30 and there is no place for a 2nd Temperature sender nor for an Oil pressure sender.

So I'm guessing we're stuck with VP temp gauge. Bright side, is that it's easy install as the cabling is std CAM plug'n play.

If someone else found a 'hole' that you can plug another temp sender, I too want to know.
Also, don't you have a problem with that stupid alarm buzzer? Can you hear it?
this will set you back lots of bears as well - Eur150 for Y-splitter and alarm that can be heard and installed anywhere you want it.

R,
Hratch
Hratch
CRYSTAL I

Nigel

• R.I.P.
  • Old Salt
    • Dolcetto - My Boat
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 47
  • Boat Year: 2000
« Reply #2 on: April 21 2012, 11:11 »
It's not a bad idea to fit a temperature switch on the exhaust elbow.
Nigel Mercier: Forum Administrator

Kerenza

« Reply #3 on: April 27 2012, 07:19 »
Nearly there - looks like a M18 1.5 thread, easily got on ebay. Due to be sailing this weekend (20 knots wind on the nose against 5 knts tide !so another job for tomorrow.
At the moment I have the sensor attached (temporarily) to the outside of the outlet elbow but I think the Volvo position in the heat exchanger is a good one.

Buzzer- I just replaced mine 2 years ago with a maplin 50p one. The previous Volvo one lasted 2 years, looks like this is a winner!

Martin