Author Topic: Holding Tank Replacement  (Read 3135 times)

sailprincess

• First Mate
    • Sailing With Bloom
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40
  • Boat Year: 2002
Holding Tank Replacement
« on: July 08 2015, 02:35 »
We're on a Bavaria 40 (2002 model) and it has two 10-Gallon (40 liter) holding tanks- one in each head. They are both gravity-draining. We are a family of 3 living aboard and are finding that the tanks aren't big enough (we get a pump out service 1x a week). We are thinking of replacing the aft holding tank with a bigger one since it is in the lazarette (we're in a twin-cabin model). Does anyone have any experience doing this? No idea what type of tank would work, etc. Also, we realize that we will need some holding tank monitors so we know what's in there.... I miss my compostable toilet on my old boat! LOL

Impavidus

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria C 37
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: Holding Tank Replacement
« Reply #1 on: July 08 2015, 22:05 »
Call these guys, used them before. They are really good. Lots of help and advice.

http://www.tek-tanks.com/boattanks/sanitation-systems/holding-tanks/

Hope this is of use.

Best regsrds.

Ant 
Visit our YouTube channel here:  https://www.youtube.com/c/SVImpavidusAntCidSailing

BillGiles

• Second Mate
« Reply #2 on: July 09 2015, 12:26 »
After some 'unfortunate' incidents with our holding tank on our B36 I investigated getting a level indicator. There is a huge choice out there and, although we did not get one in the end, we did conclude that no part of the gauge should be inside the tank and definitely nothing mechanical! They all seem easy to instal but at a wide variety of costs.

robgs

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Vision 40
  • Boat Year: 2007
« Reply #3 on: July 10 2015, 02:07 »
Look at Gobius for tank monitors.
Robgs