Author Topic: VOLVO ENGINE HOURS DISLAY DIM AND FUEL GUAGE RIM RUSTY  (Read 2511 times)

ANTREVELL

• Able Seaman
VOLVO ENGINE HOURS DISLAY DIM AND FUEL GUAGE RIM RUSTY
« on: November 02 2018, 20:31 »
BAVARIA CRUISER 33 2014

The hour meter is very dim. I am told it is not the same as the older Volvo hour meter problem.

The Bavaria fuel guage  has a metal rim holding the glass in place . I have tried painting but the rust still comes through.
I wonder if anyone knows of a plastic rim I could purchase to replace the metal one.

Regards Tony Revell

PEA-JAY

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: B-Cruiser 39
  • Boat Year: 2005
Re: VOLVO ENGINE HOURS DISLAY DIM AND FUEL GUAGE RIM RUSTY
« Reply #1 on: November 02 2018, 22:58 »
 VDO supply replacement plastic rims and I bought one from a local VDO supplier. I managed to modify it to fit on the standard Bavaria tank gauge. Raph.

dawntreader

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria37
  • Boat Year: 2006

Ricd

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: 34
  • Boat Year: 2000
« Reply #3 on: November 04 2018, 16:12 »
Recently had MDI replaced under warranty (see earlier post) on my D1-30 and suddenl, the  previously dim hours display which had always beed difficult to read, is now bright and easily readable. VP engineer indicated that the new MDI must be at a different setting to the old one however he belied it would have been possible to change the display brightness previously but admitted he did not know how.!!

Ricd

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: 34
  • Boat Year: 2000
« Reply #4 on: November 05 2018, 11:50 »
Quick google...found the contrast adjustment instructions in manual online

http://www.maritimsd.no/Customers/msm/documents/Dokumentasjon%20Volvo/D2_serie.pdf

ANTREVELL

• Able Seaman
« Reply #5 on: November 09 2018, 08:29 »
Thank you for your replies . Engine out of boat at the moment while insurance decide what they are going to do after boat lifted on saildrive . As soon as it is back I will try the setting I did not know that it is possible to adjust.

Regards Tony