Author Topic: Instruments 37AC  (Read 4087 times)

Alex2015

• Swab
Instruments 37AC
« on: April 27 2015, 12:43 »
Hi

New member here.
I have a 37AC 3 cabin from 2002. I am slowly upgrading the electronics here, I am thinking about moving the old ST60 to each side of the hatch. Have anyone else tried this? I tried to look up from the engine room but couldn't see there is space for them. Don't want to drill a big hole if there is something behind there.

Moodymike

• Old Salt
Re: Instruments 37AC
« Reply #1 on: April 27 2015, 13:19 »
Did this last year on my B32 (2003). Put a repeater beside the hatch, problem is no access to mount the ST60 nuts so decided to stick the instrument onto the bulkhead with Sealant. Fed the wires up from the engine compartment ok, found plenty of gap behind the bulkhead. Did have a problem getting correct size hole cutter, found it on eBay .  Sorry I do not have a pic PM me for more info.

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
« Reply #2 on: April 27 2015, 16:24 »
I too fitted a repeater instrument beside the hatch on my B36 (2002), and as Mike said there is plenty of space behind the instrument for the wiring. As for how to secure it, I made a wooden plinth which was varnished front and back to which the instrument is secured, while the plinth itself is held in place with four self tapping screws. Soft rubber was used between the plinth and the GRP in order to keep it all watertight.

Alex2015

• Swab
« Reply #3 on: April 28 2015, 07:16 »
thanks for your replies. Did you connect it over sea talk? I am thinking to install a i70 on the steering position and connect them together with a seatalk to seatalkng converter. Do you have any pictures from the backside?

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
« Reply #4 on: April 28 2015, 10:45 »
I used Seatalk as that was the system already fitted and the new (secondhand) instrument was only provided with Seatalk. Since that date I've changed my chart plotter and added Raymarine's newer SeatalkNG to which the older Seatalk communication system is also connected, and it all continues to work very well, with the auto-pilot working better than before where control for it now also appears on the chart plotter.