Author Topic: fridge stopped wrking  (Read 2974 times)

Scallywag too

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40
  • Boat Year: 2001
fridge stopped wrking
« on: April 25 2015, 19:06 »
My fridge has stopped working it was fine with 240 volt but wouldn't go on 12 now it won't go at all bag 2001 is there a fuse anywhere or any suggestions

geoff

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: 40 ocean
Re: fridge stopped wrking
« Reply #1 on: April 25 2015, 20:21 »
If the battery voltage drops below a preset value the fridge is locked out to protect the battery . check the voltage at the fridge Geoff

Scallywag too

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40
« Reply #2 on: April 26 2015, 21:31 »
Thanks for your reply it started working again

Trundletruc

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
« Reply #3 on: April 30 2015, 11:15 »
Our fridge did a similar thing. (Bav36 2002) Eventually sorted it by checking all the terminals and connections.
The spade terminal on the connection panel behind the switch board was corroded. New terminal and it has been fine. Funny thing was that it was the only terminal with any corrosion at all - perhaps the power passing through?
Basically with the shore power on and full batteries there was enough power to overcome the corrosion, but when the voltage dropped the fridge stopped.

IslandAlchemy

• Old Salt
« Reply #4 on: April 30 2015, 12:02 »
I had exactly the same as above. Fridge stopped working. Tracked it down to a rusty connection behind the electric panel.

Open the panel, get a torch in there. Where you see all the connectors at the back, towards the top/front there is a connection bar with a few connectors on it (red wires). This is what I found was rusted.

Put a new spade connector on the wire and connected it to a different peg, and it was fine.