Author Topic: Long lines for mooring  (Read 3357 times)

Ziffius

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 39
  • Boat Year: 2005
Long lines for mooring
« on: February 20 2015, 11:08 »
Looking to get a long line of floating rope for taking ashore to secure the boat to trees etc when anchoring in the med - ideally to have on a stainless steel reel. I already have an anchoralina webbing reel but want a second line. Anyone in the ionian know of a supplier or steelworker than can produce that type of reel to attach to the pushpit? Also recommended size and type of rope for a Bav 39. Length about 40 to 50m?

stevem

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria Vision 42
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: Long lines for mooring
« Reply #1 on: February 22 2015, 10:22 »
Try contacting "Stainless Phil" he is at Nidri on Lefkas,  he is English and his phone number  is  in Rod Heikels pilot book under the section on Nidri and Vliho. He is well known and easy to find ,  he does good work.

Lazy Pelican

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 39
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #2 on: February 22 2015, 18:44 »
We have 60m x 10mm polypropylene floating rope on a reel I made. I took the plastic ends from a rope drum ( as used to supply rope to chandlers), changed the cardboard tube to plastic pipe and used a piece of varnished broom handle as a spindle- works well enough.
However Something bespoke from Stainless Phil will be superior.
John

Wayne

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 37
  • Boat Year: 2007
« Reply #3 on: February 22 2015, 21:56 »
Would adapting a plastic hose reel (wind up type with handle) help? I don't know what length of rope the reel would take though.