Author Topic: water tank level indicator  (Read 3778 times)

aquapore

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: bavaria 41
  • Boat Year: 2003
water tank level indicator
« on: November 28 2014, 11:03 »
My Bav 41 2003 has some electrical advice on the water tank that looks like a gauge sending unit. There is no water level gauge on the boat. Can anyone assist:
What is this device
How can I measure water level.
Also can the forward tank be isolated from the aft tank and if so is there a valve installed.

Regards

RW
Aquapore

Wayne

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 37
  • Boat Year: 2007
Re: water tank level indicator
« Reply #1 on: November 28 2014, 11:29 »
Hi Aquapore,

I have a Bavaria 37 2007 model and the aft and forward water tanks are isolated by a valve that turns thru 90 degrees. It is located under the bunk in the aft cabin (port). I have the 2 cabin version of the yacht.

Devocean

paulemeier1

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 37.2 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #2 on: November 29 2014, 07:36 »
hello,

maybe a picture from your navi helps.
indeed there is a level gauge on my bav 37 2006. its in the electric panel. I have had a Bav 30+ 1994 there it was similar, but you have to put the switch of Batterie on and two in middle position, than you can see with the next switch just below it the water level in 4 steps.

but a picture may be good.

aquapore

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: bavaria 41
  • Boat Year: 2003
« Reply #3 on: December 06 2014, 10:01 »
Thanks folks -  Found it in the aft had cabinet

Nigel

• R.I.P.
  • Old Salt
    • Dolcetto - My Boat
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 47
  • Boat Year: 2000
« Reply #4 on: December 11 2014, 08:43 »
I found these gauges to be unreliable. On my B47 there are four rods that dip at different levels into the water, and a long rod that reaches the bottom. The PB-42 board "adds up" the voltages from these four sensors, so if one isn't reading properly, you get a spurious reading. I've replaced my gauge with four LEDs, so if a middle sensor is missing, it still gives a sensible reading.

My next plan is to make a duplicate board and replace all the wiring, they use ribbon cable with connectors not suitable for the marine environment.
Nigel Mercier: Forum Administrator