Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 3596 times)

Ingeborg

• Swab
  • Boat Model: B39 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2007
Introductions
« on: March 17 2014, 16:46 »
Introducing myself  :), and not quite sure where to do that.

New to this forum, stumbled across it when googling a replacement stove for our worn-out Techimpex.

Ingeborg is the name of our boat (B39 Cruiser), which has brought us lots of joy since 2007. We had a management deal in Greece until the autumn of 2012, and then in June/July the next year we sailed her home (with a little help from our friends).

She's been on water this winter, and we're getting ready to give her a lot of TLC before we take her for her first cruise between Norwegian skerries; Southern Norway in June and July.

Mette & Øyvind, skippers and owners of Ingeborg i Mevind

Nigel

• R.I.P.
  • Old Salt
    • Dolcetto - My Boat
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 47
  • Boat Year: 2000
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1 on: July 27 2014, 10:10 »
Welcome to the forum. Sorry I missed your introduction as it was tacked on the end of another thread.

It seems that many new members are a bit worried about starting a new thread to introduce themselves, so just reply to this one!
Nigel Mercier: Forum Administrator

clubagreenie

• Swab
  • Boat Model: 50 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2005
Re: Introductions
« Reply #2 on: January 06 2016, 07:20 »
Hi all,

New here, been looking for a few weeks. We are in the middle of buying a 2005 Cruiser 50, 4 cabin, 3 head.

Selling up the houses and moving onto it, living on the harbour and enjoying not mowing lawns. Have 3 girls plus the wife (hence the need for 4 cabins), and have been looking for about 18 months. Have seen various Beneteaus, Jeaneaus etc but their 4 cabins are always split down master cabins. Have looked at 4 Bav's (incl one in Fiji) all the same master/twin port bunk/twin dbl aft cabins but keep coming back to one on Pittwater (here http://www.dbyboatsales.com.au/bavaria-50-2/# )

Bavaria seems to polarise people on some forums (esp the US) as built down to a price, not taking into account higher numbers means better prices etc. Here it's mixed with opinions divided but far less polar.

Anyway, that's me, have been and will continue to be reading plus asking questions in the appropriate areas.

Thanks

Justin