Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

Battery replacement

(1/2) > >>

Moodymike:
I need to replace my domestic battery, probably will stay with original arrangement (1 X 140 amp ). Research so far indicates Varta supply similar spec & dimensions, any body experience of prices and suppliers?

Nigel:

--- Quote from: Moodymike on December 19 2011, 16:04 ---I need to replace my domestic battery, probably will stay with original arrangement (1 X 140 amp ). Research so far indicates Varta supply similar spec & dimensions, any body experience of prices and suppliers?

--- End quote ---

Depending on the age of your original, you may find that you can fit a larger capacity battery. A 140Ah unit only really gives you around 35Ah of usable daily capacity (allowing for 100% redundancy and a 50% discharge).

On my boat I have a bank of 3 Lifeline GPL-4DA 210Ah batteries, these are a similar size as the original 135Ah units.

Sweet As:
Hi,

I replaced the original house battery on our Bavaria 36 with two 150Ahr AGM batteries. I also fitted a Balmar smart regulator and a Xantrex battery monitor. This set up seems to delivered a sound balanced charging system. Oh, replacing the lights with LED is also a must.

My next move will be to tackle the fridge, which seems to run more than I think it should. I believe the most effective improvement is to work on improving the efficiency of the condenser by increasing the draught of cool air throughout the fins.

Odysseus:
Will start a new post for fridge fixing a fridge running too much.

Odysseus

tony from dorset:
changed all my batteries after 6 yrs on my bav 36 both house batteries were nackered so changed those and for what it was worth i changed the starter battery at same time as i did not want to get caught out,  i went for same again Varta which i got from BARDEN  BATTERIES  just past bursleden in southampton very profesional outfit and they didnt rob me

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version