Author Topic: Spade anchor on Bav42  (Read 4771 times)

Britvic

• Swab
  • Boat Model: 42 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2005
Spade anchor on Bav42
« on: January 24 2014, 15:26 »
I'm thinking of changing my CQR for a 20Kg Spade (S100) on my Bav42. As the boat is in Greece, and I'm not, I'm unable to test using the templates provided. Can someone tell me if the Spade will fit the standard bow assembly, roller, windlass, cover, etc.?

Stuart

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria Cruiser 42
Re: Spade anchor on Bav42
« Reply #1 on: January 24 2014, 17:24 »
Hi Britvic

I can't help you with the spade but I do know that a Rocna 25 Kg fits on our Bav 42, so if you could compare templates it may give you some help.

Cheers

Stuart
Cheers

Stuart

Spirit of Mary

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38
  • Boat Year: 2003
« Reply #2 on: January 24 2014, 22:21 »
Hi Stuart and Britvic,

I am not sure, but I think I had a Spade on my bow assembly, however, on a Bav 38 (2003). This fitted very well.
I replaced it for a Rocna 20 kg. This fits with an extra hole drilled in the anchor to fix it further inside to be able to close the anchor lock. By doing this the Rocna bow comes higher up, resulting in the navigation lights reflecting from the anchor bow. From some other Bav owners with the same problem maybe a black matt laquer on the anchor bow is a solution. You don't have this problem Stuart?

Britvic

• Swab
  • Boat Model: 42 Cruiser
« Reply #3 on: January 27 2014, 12:52 »
Thanks for the responses guys. From what I've gathered here and via other sites etc. it seems as though it shouldn't be a problem.
Kim.

Anthony

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40
  • Boat Year: 2001
« Reply #4 on: January 28 2014, 12:02 »
I have used the NZ made Manson Supreme spade which fits perfectly and holds better than CQR. Manson Supreme very similar to Rocna, so much so Rocna has gone to court over it!

Stuart

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria Cruiser 42
« Reply #5 on: January 30 2014, 20:44 »
Hi Stuart and Britvic,

I am not sure, but I think I had a Spade on my bow assembly, however, on a Bav 38 (2003). This fitted very well.
I replaced it for a Rocna 20 kg. This fits with an extra hole drilled in the anchor to fix it further inside to be able to close the anchor lock. By doing this the Rocna bow comes higher up, resulting in the navigation lights reflecting from the anchor bow. From some other Bav owners with the same problem maybe a black matt laquer on the anchor bow is a solution. You don't have this problem Stuart?

Hi sorry for the late response, I have noticed a bit of reflection from the lights not too bad though :).

Cheers

Stuart
Cheers

Stuart

nornie lees

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: 30 cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2007
« Reply #6 on: January 30 2014, 20:59 »
Hi All, just bought a Manson Supreme 16kg/35lb anchor to replace CQR on my 2002 Bav 37 , same as Bav36 on the Bow. Has anybody put one on similar size Bavaria,and did it fit on roller/into anchor locker?

rgds Ray

AFRiCA

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: 42 ft Racer/Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2001
« Reply #7 on: January 02 2015, 03:05 »
I have a ROCNA 25kg on my Bavaria 42 Cruiser/Racer. Sits on the bow roller as if it was made for it. Had to cut approximately 50mm from the forward section of the anchor hatch to accomodate the size of the shank on the anchor. Works very well and fits very snugly. I only lash the anchor to the anchor winch for long passage making. Can recommend the ROCNA, it is just a nice feeling to set the ROCNA and then be able to relax a little more than with a typical plow anchor.