Author Topic: No one in America  (Read 2936 times)

Vinnie45

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: 30 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2007
No one in America
« on: January 12 2014, 21:25 »
I am joining this forum because presently there is no dealer that can help me. I cannot buy parts first of all because Bavaria removes all serial numbers making me convert to US. I have 2007 30 Cruiser which I purchased new . Now that the newness has worn off I will in need of Bavaria parts which work better then converting them to US. I have had to change out both faucet fittings , the battery they do not sell Bosch in US. Any help or manual will certainly help

Symphony

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: No one in America
« Reply #1 on: January 12 2014, 22:29 »
There is nothing special about the Bosch batteries fitted by the factory and no reason why you should not use a similar size locally sourced battery.

njsail

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
Bavaria parts / batteries in USA
« Reply #2 on: January 12 2014, 23:31 »
I have a Bavaria 40 Ocean CC in NJ.  We don't have too many Bavaria's on the coast but many parts are not Bavaria specific.  The batteries are whatever your electrical needs are.  I had 3 group 31's in our boat.  I made some changes and now we have 5 AGM's to give us a little extra capacity for those overcast days that the solar isn't charging at peak.  You certainly buy premium batteries if you feel better doing that but you're going to pay twice the price.  A cheaper battery will last as long as the premiums in many cases as long as you care for them and don't fry them, discharge too deep/too often, etc.

I bought ours at Sam's club.  They are branded as duracel but if you read the forums you will see they are name brand marine batteries re-branded and cost reduced.

here is what we have on our boat.  They are AGM's.  The wet cell version of the marine batteries are much cheaper and are quality.  I don't have anywhere to vent in the cabin so I went with AGM.
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/duracell-agm-deep-cycle-marine-and-rv-battery-group-size-31dtmagm/prod3590232.ip?navAction=

If there are specific parts you are looking for post our request and your fellow sailors will help you out.   The Bavaria dealership in the US is helpful to a point.   
Good luck.