Author Topic: Anchors that fit Bavaria 42CR  (Read 712 times)

JohnK

• Swab
  • Boat Model: 42 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2005
Anchors that fit Bavaria 42CR
« on: February 23 2024, 15:33 »
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to replace the old CQR anchor on our (new to us) Bavaria 42CR 2005.

Ideally one of the newer designs Rocna, Manson etc with roll bar if worthwhile.

I'm looking for anyone who has upgraded their anchor and can confirm it fits well on this type of anchor roller.

At some point we may fit a bowsprit for a cruising chute - on our last boat it wouldn't get past the delta anchor so sometimes we had to choose between anchoring and sailing!

We are based in W Scotland but hoping to go further afield.

Thanks to all for the help!

symphony2

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: B33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: Anchors that fit Bavaria 42CR
« Reply #1 on: February 23 2024, 18:13 »
Many manufacturers have a template or dimensioned drawing so that you can try it out on your roller. however most newer designs have a high crown so i don't think you can do anything about your chute tack fouling without an extension of some sort. suggest you add Epsilon to your list typically half the price of others and performs just as well on tests. Optional bolt on roll bar but I am not sure anybody bothers

JohnK

• Swab
  • Boat Model: 42 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2005
« Reply #2 on: February 23 2024, 18:35 »
Thanks for the feedback!
I will look into the Epsilon as well. I was just wondering if there was anyone out there who had already gone through this and had a confirmed fit already.

Ailatan

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 44
  • Boat Year: 2003
« Reply #3 on: February 28 2024, 06:20 »
I bought a Batsystem bowsprit but haven't installed yet.

According with the customer service if you choose the option with just one roller it will fit the Rocna.

I choose this type of bowsprit because I like to dock with the bow facing the concrete so it's easier to come in and out

sy_Anniina

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40
  • Boat Year: 2001
« Reply #4 on: February 28 2024, 13:24 »
I bought a Batsystem bowsprit but haven't installed yet.

According with the customer service if you choose the option with just one roller it will fit the Rocna.

Do you mean the traditional Rocna with a roll-bar? This would be interesting...

I have a Batsystem bowsprit and have been consideritg an upgrade to Rocna Vulcan (without roll-bar) from current original factory installed acnhor (cqr-copy?)

Tommi
s/y Anniina

Ailatan

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 44
  • Boat Year: 2003
« Reply #5 on: February 28 2024, 22:12 »
Hi Tommi,

In fact I didn't ask for the Rocna like for the Viking but I'm copying their answers which they allow me to publish:

"Viking Anchor
When using this type of anchor, we recommend using the "Single roller", not the "Pivoting bow roller".
See the difference between the variants when toggling the options on the product page (link above).
The reason for this is the arch or handle on these types of anchors.

We have not tested the Viking anchor specifically. However, we have tested the Rocna Original 25kg and 33kg variants.

It´s also worth mentioning that our cassette or hook ladders cant be mounted on the bowsprit when choosing an anchor with an "arch/handle"."