Author Topic: Bavaria 30 speed transducer position.  (Read 891 times)

John G

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 30 cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
Bavaria 30 speed transducer position.
« on: February 09 2024, 17:08 »
I know people don’t seem to use the speed readout much these but I would like to get it going. Since we bought the boat last year it has always read 0.0 . I would like to check the cable connection but haven’t found where they are yet?

Baddox

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 30 Cruiser
Re: Bavaria 30 speed transducer position.
« Reply #1 on: February 09 2024, 19:45 »
The paddle wheel on our B30 is in the locker under the forward cabin's bunk.  There is a small box surround and a blanking tube so that the log can be removed whilst the boat is still afloat without much water getting in.  A quick clean usually gets it working, and I added a smear of silicone grease to help fitting and removing the tube.

diverphil

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: 33 cruiser
Re: Bavaria 30 speed transducer position.
« Reply #2 on: March 11 2024, 11:04 »
on our 33 from same year the transducer is under the v berth, surrounded by a box i assume is high enough to be above waterline in case there is a problem re sealing it. to get it out unscrew the top surround and pull it up, be ready with the replacement blanking plug to put in its place while you work on it. you can get replacement paddle wheel kits if required. clean up the wheel and lube it with silicone spray or similar type stuff, it has to spin freely, you may have to tap the tiny pin out to clean everything properly (there are videos on u tube) then re fit making sure the arrow on the top is facing forwards direction. dry it all off and check for leaks. then re check in a couple of hours.
there is a blank flap inside the tube that should stop most of the water coming in when you pull the transducer out but its still a bit worrying the first time you do it.