Author Topic: Bavaria 44 and bowsprit Batsystem  (Read 656 times)

Ailatan

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 44
  • Boat Year: 2003
Bavaria 44 and bowsprit Batsystem
« on: February 03 2024, 18:48 »
Has anyone fixed this type of bowsprit?

Apart from her/his impression I would like to know if there is any problems with the anchor roller.

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
Re: Bavaria 44 and bowsprit Batsystem
« Reply #1 on: February 03 2024, 19:50 »
The ones I've seen have their own anchor roller. You'll not get a Rocna to sit well in that, but a Vulcan or other non-rollbar model can work. The bow platform itself is good, you see it a lot on swedish boats :)
Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)

sy_Anniina

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40
« Reply #2 on: February 05 2024, 06:38 »
On finnsih boats as well... We have been super happy with our Batsystems bowsprit with integrated anchor roller. Did not install it myself, but came with the boat, installed by previous owner.

The only thing I added was a retractable cassette type ladder for easier shore / low pontoon access from bow. See our typical use of bowsprit https://bavariayacht.org/forum/index.php/topic,2012.msg12613.html#msg12613

BR,

Tommi
s/y Anniina

Captain Jan

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38 Holiday
  • Boat Year: 1997
« Reply #3 on: February 05 2024, 10:45 »
I have been investigating this system myself. It appears strong, looks good for sail handling , and has the integral anchor roller (which appears usable)  and bow ladder.  However, one of the benefits may or may not be assisting the boat to lie at anchor without the incessant sheering from side to side, in stronger winds, that we currently experience (Bav 38).  It may be the bow platform anchor roller, or a hang off point at the end of the bow platform  may move the anchor pivot point far enough forward to control/ improve  this.  Or it may not? If there is there is anyone on the forum  with this larger bow platform fitted, who could  comment on its affect/ improvement, if any, of sheering at anchor, then that would be a great help.

sy_Anniina

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40
« Reply #4 on: February 05 2024, 13:00 »
Not quite the answer you are searching for Capt Jan, but my 2c..

Swinging / side-to-side movement will occur only during stronger winds, in which case we always use a stretchy / snubber line taking the chain load to a cleat. In this case the anchor rode geometry is not affected by bowsprit.

I remember to have been anchoring only for short "swimming / lunch" breaks without said snubber.

BR,

Tommi
s/y Anniina