Author Topic: Bavaria Lagoon 390: sheet track re-bed; nut?  (Read 735 times)

Jsveb

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Lagoon 390
  • Boat Year: 1993
Bavaria Lagoon 390: sheet track re-bed; nut?
« on: December 25 2023, 16:42 »
Hi

I need to re-bed the sheet track for the headsail.

Do you know how Bavaria attach the track through the deck. Did the my use nuts of some orher way. My problem is, I cannot see it from the inside. Without significant disassembly of the interior?

Cheers

Happy holidays

Jesper

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
Re: Bavaria Lagoon 390: sheet track re-bed; nut?
« Reply #1 on: December 25 2023, 21:29 »
Don't know on those earlier boats, but on ours it was just screwed in with a large self-tapper every 2nd hole in the track into the fibreglass. Never came off, but you could see the screws underneath in some places. Take one out to confirm!
Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)

Jsveb

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Lagoon 390
  • Boat Year: 1993
« Reply #2 on: December 26 2023, 08:42 »
Hi Yngmar

I hope it will be that simple. Once weather allows I’ll check it out

Thx for your help

JEN-et-ROSS

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38 Lagoon
  • Boat Year: 1990
« Reply #3 on: December 26 2023, 09:40 »
We have a B38 Lagoon from, I guess ,the same era...
They didn't use nuts on the underside, but instead they used multiple small individual S/S plates about 40mm / 20mm / 3mm (approx.) that are threaded at one end to take the countersunk coach bolts......
(Why didn't they drill and tap them in the middle..?? I've no idea..)...

Access involves removing whatever headlining or carpentry that's installed (on your particular boat) on the underside of the Genny Track...
It'll take you a while to access them all, and a fair bit of dismantling and reassembling....

Also, due to the sealant that they used some, if not all, will be very difficult to remove...
Best to gain full access to the underside first, and then attempt to undo and remove the S/S plates from below and then punch the coach bolts up and out...
It's a job I should also consider, but having had cause to replace a few and suffered the frustration, I think until it leaks I'll leave well alone....Bill.
Good luck..