Author Topic: Where to install bigger Victron inverter charger, Bavaria 44 (2002)  (Read 1416 times)

tadej.mezek

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: B44
  • Boat Year: 2002
HI

I am changing from Mastervolt charger to Victron inverter/charger combo (3kw) onto my Bavaria 44 (2002).
This box is considerably bigger and it can not be fitted under captain's table. My only suggestion is to install it in starboard cabin just behind captain's chair (wall) and do all the cabling from there - these are in the range of 3m.
Is there anyone who has done this and has found a better solution?
Regards,

JEN-et-ROSS

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38 Lagoon
  • Boat Year: 1990
Hi.
 Our battery banks are beneath the starboard saloon seating, so we installed a 2.5 kw inverter in the void behind the seat back. In a similar void behind the seat back in the next seat along we have a 'Merlin' multi output smart charger...
Both these units have their own internal cooling fans, so we've ensured that air can flow freely behind the seats..
This arrangement also ensures that all the heavy cable runs are as short as possible...Bill

Ailatan

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 44
  • Boat Year: 2003
I did like Bill and to bring air into the cavity I opened a few holes in the bottle holder which is at the back of the seat

tadej.mezek

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: B44
  • Boat Year: 2002
Thanks for you inputs.

The void behind the starboard back seating is much to small for Victron MultiPlus II 3KW :( In the other area I have board computers MPPT's, hydrogen controller etc so there is no space ...

regards,

Ailatan

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 44
  • Boat Year: 2003
My inverter is 45x18x14cm, yours is longer, which is not a problem and 9cm wider but I remember I had room enough ...