Author Topic: Holding Tank 3/4 flash light and How to empty the Holding tank  (Read 1798 times)

Michtsui

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Bavaria C 42
  • Boat Year: 2005
My holding tank flash light on panel flashed - our boat is Bavaria 42.

I love to know the procedure how to empty the holding tank (never try - I think our boat's original setting is direct the toilet flush to the sea!!) and cannot find an outlet on deck.

Thanks.

symphony2

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: B33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: Holding Tank 3/4 flash light and How to empty the Holding tank
« Reply #1 on: September 27 2023, 09:48 »
Looks like you have a pumped system, so to empty to the sea you operate the electric pump. There should be a change over valve in the pipework out of the toilet to send the waste either directly overboard or to the tank. Any deck pump out will be located close to the holding tank. Find the tank and follow the pipes.

Bavaria 46

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 46 Holiday
  • Boat Year: 2008
« Reply #2 on: October 03 2023, 05:48 »
Hi,
I think the system is the same like on our 46, as Bavaria used common standards over the fleet in these years.
At the 46 the holding tanks are installed above the waterline and above the toilets.
The horse from the toilet is entering at the top of the tank. At the bottom an additional horse is going down to the seacock. If the seacock is open the tank is draining permanently to the sea.

The issue with the 3/4 warning often has happend by us, too. Even if the seacock is open all the staff is passing the tank and the level sensor. If something stack at the level sensor you get the warning.
Filling up the tank completely (check level manually with a torch) with water and waste tank cleaner and emptying it helps usually for a time.
BR
Ingo

diverphil

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: 33 cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #3 on: November 06 2023, 15:38 »
your tank may not have a pump out pipe, but if it has you should have a deck fitting like the ones for fuel and fresh water (don't mix them up). and also a breather pipe to an outlet usually just under the toe rail height on the side near the holding tank. 2 possibility's for the pipe are  1st, a pipe fitted to the bottom of the tank on the opposite side to the one with the seacock in, or  may be fitted to a 3 way joint just before the seacock.
there are plenty of videos on the net to show how to use a pump out station, that would make more sense than me explaining it.
hope you find the fitting
phil