Author Topic: Bavaria 32 running rigging lengths  (Read 1099 times)

Graham How

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 32
  • Boat Year: 2002
Bavaria 32 running rigging lengths
« on: September 22 2023, 15:57 »
I want to replace my running rigging on my 2002 Bavaria 32. Does anyone know where I can find the original lengths rather than having to take it all down and measure?

symphony2

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: B33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: Bavaria 32 running rigging lengths
« Reply #1 on: September 22 2023, 17:13 »
bavariayacht.org/downloads/manual/Bavaria%2032%20Cruiser%202001.pdf

Don't think there are any published "standard" lengths. Page 13 gives the spar dimensions to work out the lengths of rope required for the 2 halyards. For example main is 2*mast length which is approx 12m plus back to cockpit Topping lift slightly shorter, genoa halyard slightly longer. reefing lines a bit more complicated because of the double block arrangement in the boom, but you can get a good approximation by measuring the boom (4m) plus the length up to the cringles and back for each reef then back to the cockpit.  This will give you an idea of the total amount of rope required. Suggest you buy rope by the reel rather than made up lengths.

However probably better to buy a reel of mousing twine, which you will need anyway and take all the old rope out. Attach the mousing line by sewing a loop into the end of the halyard etc, tying the line on and covering the join with self amalglamating tape so it runs smoothly. sew loops into your new ropes.

Hope this helps

tiger79

• Old Salt
  • 2014 Cruiser 37
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 37
  • Boat Year: 2014
« Reply #2 on: September 22 2023, 20:57 »
Symphony's advice is good.

Graham How

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 32
  • Boat Year: 2002
« Reply #3 on: September 23 2023, 13:00 »
Thanks for the advice. I must admit that I thought Bavaria would publish the lengths they fitted as standard somewhere! But the advice is useful. Thanks!