Member Forums > Bavaria Yacht Help!

Sacrifice anode in a QL calorifier

(1/3) > >>

Ailatan:
I have a QL calorifier and had a current leakage to earth, so I need to replace the heater element, but reading another post of this forum it was mentioned that the calorifiers should have a sacrifice anode.
I've been reading the owners manual and doesn't mention that anode and it's not even in the spare part list.
Does anyone know if this brand has such anode?
Is this the right replacement because I have found something similar in a local store for a fraction of the price but without the anode.
https://www.svb-marine.es/es/quick-resistencia-800-w-220-v.html

tiger79:
I wouldn't worry about an anode.  You just need to check that the replacement heater is (a) the correct thread size, (b) the correct voltage and (c) the correct wattage.

elias:
Hi , in the picture is marked . Even if it doesn’t come with one you can purchase from a plumbing /water heater  store , is made from magnesium I think (you can find similar in the household calorifers )

Ailatan:
I know that the heating element from SVB has the anode but I think that mine didn't have one. Unless it has dissolved. I am attaching a picture of the heating element just after removing.
Also the shape of both element is different so I am scare that it doesn't fit the thermostat.

IslandAlchemy:
The anode is part of the element

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version